“Business stay in May”

Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Fullerton, California
“Business stay in May”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just returned from a 5 night stay and must say I did not have any issues with the hotel. I was greeted warmly on arrival and all the staff that I encountered were very friendly and helpful. If you don't need a car then the taxi ride from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport was $57 + tip. The return using a cab that the hotel arranged for me cost $60 + tax. The ride took about 30-35 minutes each way. The complementary breakfast was ok, nothing out of the ordinary, but as I am not a big breakfast guy it was fine. The suite was fine too, kitchen and living area, + a separate bedroom and bathroom. It was clean and well-maintained. The bed was big and comfortable. The complementary wifi was great and there was a co-ax cable in the room too just in case which I did use on my last morning. There was free food and drinks (beer & wine) available from 5:00pm on Tue/Wed/Thu until I guess 7:00pm as I didn't stay that long to find out. All in all a good stay. No complaints.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell others on Trip Advisor of your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites - Mayfield Heights. We truly appreciate your review starting with the staff and that you were greeted warmly upon arrival. That is our goal and it is rewarding to receive your compliment. That goes a long way with the staff.

On your return stay we will give it our best to to earn an Excellent rating!

Kindest regards,

The Staybridge Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ohio
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here several times over the past 2 months while studying. I must admit I got an excellent deal with my priority club points, but the hotel would still be an excellent value at the rates they charge. The hotel and rooms are very clean. I stayed in several room types over my 12 visits from a studio to a 2 bedroom. The rooms could accomodate all sizes of families. The staff was always friendly. If you get to stay on a Tues/Wed/Thurs you get free dinner and drinks which was always very good and only added to the value you get on the price of the room. The breakfast buffet was always stocked and is open even earlier than stated for the several business people I would see there in the am. Off the beaten path is only true to the fact that it is not next to a bunch of commercial properties. It is only 2-3 minute drive from I-271 and you can head multiple directions from the hotel for all the shopping or food you could need in just a few minutes including Legacy Village and the Beachwood Mall. This hotel lacks nothing except an indoor pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Detroit, MI
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is kind of a weird hotel - as others noted, it's really off the beaten path, so you have to have a car and a GPS to find the place if you're not from around. The morning staff are so very nice, the evening staff...eh, acceptable but not friendly. The thing that got me is the buffets. Please enforce guests taking a new plate/dish at every visit. It is disgusting to watch guests who should know better take a dirty bowl up and refill it with soup. (Note the breakfast, prior to me being unable to eat the hot food after seeing the dirty dish refills has a new set of station managers, and they were very friendly and I thought did a good job.) I had room 236 (one BD suite) and whenever a room adjacent - never figured out which one(s) - used water, it was like a whirlpool whoosh in my room, which would wake me or just disturb me. Room was clean enough, but there were little things like my bed not being remade crisply and only putting back 2/4 towels that make me wonder if the cleaning staff cared. I may stay here again, but I may not.

Room Tip: Stay on first or third floor - I was on 2nd and had lots of adjacent room noise from water usage.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear snowchick77,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding ourmorning staff.

However We’re sorry about the poor cleanliness you've experienced. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Adrian, Michigan
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We decided on this hotel because they gave us a very good deal on points. But in the end it turned out to be a very good choice all the way around. The only small negative is that it is a little hard to find. It is not on a main thoroughfare nor visible from a main road. Good directions or a good GPS will be important. Once found, however, we were certainly happy with the appearance of both the exterior and the lobby. The person checking us in was quite efficient and was able to pull off giving us a little better room. The pantry in the lobby area was also convenient as there were no shops particularly close. There were four of us and we found the room to be quite adequate. It was spacious, well kept, up-to-date and clean. The WiFi was also funcitonal. The beds were quite comfortable and we all slept quite well. The morning breakfast was surprisingly above expectations as there were eggs and either ham or sausage as well as several cold items. The checkout was extremely efficient allowing us to get on our way quickly. In all, it was a very good choice for our situation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
PAWLEYS ISLAND
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Two night stay part business and personal. Like most other IHG hotels good consistent quality and this say was no exception. With regard to above rating, I only rate top 5% as excellent, so my very good is close to excellent. A positive experience all the way through front deck to check out. No negative issues except that even with low occupancy rate Christmas Holidays the breakfast attendand could not keep it properly stocked with many items running out. Still a good breakfast experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Horseheads, New York
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We usually stay here a few times a year while visiting family in Cleveland. During the most recent visit we were treated to a suite upgrade and found ourselves in a 2 bedroom suite which was wonderful. Our kids were excited to each have their own bed (rather than a pull out couch) and we had the king bed. It was one of the most comfortable night's sleep in a hotel that I've had. The beds are really nice and tv's in every room is a plus. We always use the WiFi and I appreciate that it's included with the room fee. The housekeeping in the room did fall a bit short, it looked like it needed a better vacuum. The breakfast area is definitely too small as we have had the same problem mentioned by other reviewers consistently every visit we have. But, I have found the staff to always be pleasant. Wish they had an indoor pool - it's Cleveland, after all!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
California
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed there for a week. It was consistently clean, well decorated, breakfast was good, although the dining area was too small for the number of guests. We were vying for tables. One morning I ate at the computer station. But in all fairness, some people linger at their table an unnecessarily long time....annoying.....Staff were helpful and friendly, bed was comfy. The hotel is set up for business travelers. Fast in- fast checkout....
No restaurants close by or public transportation... you will need a car to go anywhere. The hotel is in the middle of a business park with not much scenery or food options.
Good for business travel or a self contained party of people there for a particular purpose.
I liked it for business and I would go back...

Room Tip: All the rooms were good. There really isnt a view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield Heights
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood

Been to Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood? Share your experiences!