Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$80
$80
$106
$81
Hotels.com
All reviewslaser spine institutefront deskfree laundrysocial hourincluding wine and beerawesome breakfast buffetwaffleswatch netflixrefrigerator freezerlaundry roomnice kitchenone bedroom suitebasketball courtlegacy villagevisit familyan extended stayweek stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Two night stay part business and personal. Like most other IHG hotels good consistent quality and this say was no exception. With regard to above rating, I only rate top 5% as excellent, so my very good is close to excellent. A positive experience all the way through front deck to check out. No negative issues except that even with low occupancy rate Christmas Holidays the breakfast attendand could not keep it properly stocked with many items running out. Still a good breakfast experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We usually stay here a few times a year while visiting family in Cleveland. During the most recent visit we were treated to a suite upgrade and found ourselves in a 2 bedroom suite which was wonderful. Our kids were excited to each have their own bed (rather than a pull out couch) and we had the king bed. It was one of the most comfortable night's sleep in a hotel that I've had. The beds are really nice and tv's in every room is a plus. We always use the WiFi and I appreciate that it's included with the room fee. The housekeeping in the room did fall a bit short, it looked like it needed a better vacuum. The breakfast area is definitely too small as we have had the same problem mentioned by other reviewers consistently every visit we have. But, I have found the staff to always be pleasant. Wish they had an indoor pool - it's Cleveland, after all!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed there for a week. It was consistently clean, well decorated, breakfast was good, although the dining area was too small for the number of guests. We were vying for tables. One morning I ate at the computer station. But in all fairness, some people linger at their table an unnecessarily long time....annoying.....Staff were helpful and friendly, bed was comfy. The hotel is set up for business travelers. Fast in- fast checkout....
No restaurants close by or public transportation... you will need a car to go anywhere. The hotel is in the middle of a business park with not much scenery or food options.
Good for business travel or a self contained party of people there for a particular purpose.
I liked it for business and I would go back...

Room Tip: All the rooms were good. There really isnt a view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I were recently married at Landerhaven and took advantage of this hotel for their convenient location for accommodations for us and our many out-of-town guests. We wanted to take a brief moment to express what a great experience it was! From the moment we first contacted them to begin our room block straight through to our check out after the wedding, we were very pleased. The staff we worked with was very helpful and informative, and went out of their way to accommodate our needs in planning for our stay (as well as for the stay of our guests). The rooms themselves and the facility are spacious, comfortable, and very clean. Throughout our stay, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. We especially appreciated the front desk staff for helping our guests check-in, and for handing out our out-of-town gift bags! Our guests also raved about the quality of the rooms, of the complimentary breakfast, and the friendliness of the staff. We would highly recommend anyone to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Check-in
Checking in was a breeze. A quick swipe of my credit card & ID and we were handed our room key.

Room Layout Issues
The description of our room, a two bedroom suite promised to be roomy and well-appointed, but fell short because of cleaning and maintenance issues. The overall layout of the room is acceptable but there are several little quirks that make the room a little awkward. First off, the countertop for the peninsula/bar stool area was normal table height. This countertop surface is usually barstool height and it was very awkward having it so low.

Also, some areas of the room are bit cramped. For example, opening the bathroom door. The size of the bathroom itself was very small and felt really cramped. Also the tub felt warped or curved on the bottom. During showers it felt like we were doing a balancing act, never really being able to put your food down completely flat. Totally layout issues.

Maintenance Issues
Paint peeling on the ceiling above the room to the double bed room. Slow draining bathroom sink in the double bed room.

Housekeeping Issues
Upon first arriving to our room, there were several fingerprints on the glass window panes. Dust on the television. Icky splashes of a red liquid on the door trim to the bathroom and near the bathroom sink in king bedroom. Crumbs in the refrigerator left from the previous guest. Awkward placement of pillows on the bed (four small pillows all placed all one side of the bed). Extra pillows in closet utility bag had an awkward smell, and we didn’t feel comfortable using. The bed itself seemed to be made in a hurried, sloppy way. Large stain on the carpet in the middle of the room (8-10 inch spot on the carpet made our stay that much more uncomfortable as we had no idea of knowing what it was). Towel strewn on the bathroom countertop (appeared used).

Breakfast & Staff Observations
Breakfast itself was spotty at best. Some items were fresh and some looked like they had been set out from the day before. The French toast was hard, and I mean extremely rock hard around the crust part. The eggs appeared to be an omelet type and seemed very styrofoamy and barely passable for eggs. They had ham that seemed good, but a bit dry. The prepackaged items were fine, such as yogurt and things of that nature. The waffle mix was disgusting. My husband went to make waffles for the kids and the mix literally separated while pouring into the cup (beyond old). Which brings me to the staff (young woman manning the breakfast station). Ok, this woman seemed almost unapproachable and was slamming several of the items down in the dining area and in the kitchen. She had a very displeasing manner about her and appeared to be very upset about either life or her job. She did replace the mix for the waffles and replaced the ham and eggs, and put out more French toast. But too bad for us, the poor souls that just tried to stomach the early morning round of what appeared to be yesterday’s castaways.

Staff Management
I will say this. I really liked the manager on that day. She was a young lady that seemed determined to make the best of a situation. Once I called down to the front desk to have them look at the stain on the carpet, she came up quickly and was very pleasant and accommodating. I thought she handled the situation very professionally and after she left she even called to offer us a small discount on our room because of the oversight with the towel from housekeeping.

Final thoughts
Overall, I’d say that I would not stay at this hotel again until they revisit: housekeeping issues, breakfast staff training and food preparation and maintenance/updating the rooms. I think this hotel has potential to be a really nice establishment if they fix the above. Even making a reservation for the hotel was sketchy. I called, was put on hold, remained on hold for like 5 minutes before I just got tired of waiting and hung up. When I called back again, I was told “oh yeah, sorry I had a lot of things to do…” Wow, really? So like I said before this hotel has some things going for it, like good management. But until the rest of the staff and housekeeping get with the program we won’t be staying here again.

Room Tip: P.F. Changs isn't far away, it's great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family