Checking in was a breeze. A quick swipe of my credit card & ID and we were handed our room key.
Room Layout Issues
The description of our room, a two bedroom suite promised to be roomy and well-appointed, but fell short because of cleaning and maintenance issues. The overall layout of the room is acceptable but there are several little quirks that make the room a little awkward. First off, the countertop for the peninsula/bar stool area was normal table height. This countertop surface is usually barstool height and it was very awkward having it so low.
Also, some areas of the room are bit cramped. For example, opening the bathroom door. The size of the bathroom itself was very small and felt really cramped. Also the tub felt warped or curved on the bottom. During showers it felt like we were doing a balancing act, never really being able to put your food down completely flat. Totally layout issues.
Paint peeling on the ceiling above the room to the double bed room. Slow draining bathroom sink in the double bed room.
Upon first arriving to our room, there were several fingerprints on the glass window panes. Dust on the television. Icky splashes of a red liquid on the door trim to the bathroom and near the bathroom sink in king bedroom. Crumbs in the refrigerator left from the previous guest. Awkward placement of pillows on the bed (four small pillows all placed all one side of the bed). Extra pillows in closet utility bag had an awkward smell, and we didn’t feel comfortable using. The bed itself seemed to be made in a hurried, sloppy way. Large stain on the carpet in the middle of the room (8-10 inch spot on the carpet made our stay that much more uncomfortable as we had no idea of knowing what it was). Towel strewn on the bathroom countertop (appeared used).
Breakfast & Staff Observations
Breakfast itself was spotty at best. Some items were fresh and some looked like they had been set out from the day before. The French toast was hard, and I mean extremely rock hard around the crust part. The eggs appeared to be an omelet type and seemed very styrofoamy and barely passable for eggs. They had ham that seemed good, but a bit dry. The prepackaged items were fine, such as yogurt and things of that nature. The waffle mix was disgusting. My husband went to make waffles for the kids and the mix literally separated while pouring into the cup (beyond old). Which brings me to the staff (young woman manning the breakfast station). Ok, this woman seemed almost unapproachable and was slamming several of the items down in the dining area and in the kitchen. She had a very displeasing manner about her and appeared to be very upset about either life or her job. She did replace the mix for the waffles and replaced the ham and eggs, and put out more French toast. But too bad for us, the poor souls that just tried to stomach the early morning round of what appeared to be yesterday’s castaways.
I will say this. I really liked the manager on that day. She was a young lady that seemed determined to make the best of a situation. Once I called down to the front desk to have them look at the stain on the carpet, she came up quickly and was very pleasant and accommodating. I thought she handled the situation very professionally and after she left she even called to offer us a small discount on our room because of the oversight with the towel from housekeeping.
Overall, I’d say that I would not stay at this hotel again until they revisit: housekeeping issues, breakfast staff training and food preparation and maintenance/updating the rooms. I think this hotel has potential to be a really nice establishment if they fix the above. Even making a reservation for the hotel was sketchy. I called, was put on hold, remained on hold for like 5 minutes before I just got tired of waiting and hung up. When I called back again, I was told “oh yeah, sorry I had a lot of things to do…” Wow, really? So like I said before this hotel has some things going for it, like good management. But until the rest of the staff and housekeeping get with the program we won’t be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the NEWLY RENOVATED Staybridge Suites!The hotel is uncharacteristically nestled in a quite neighborhood, located next to Executive Caterers and in Landerbrook Corporate Center. ALL SUITE ACCOMMODATIONS.The hotel features 123 fully equipped studio, one bedroom and two bedroom suites, beautifully appointed with the full kitchens. It’s an all-suite hotel designed to allow guests to feel more comfortable than ever before. Each suite is designed for maximum flexibility and adaptability to meet guests’ individual needs. WARM AND WELCOMING.Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet*Monday through Friday 6:30am to 9:30am*Saturday and Sunday 7:30am to 10:30am The Social evening receptions.Complimentary reception hosted by the Staybridge Suites team on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 5:30pm to 7:30pm HOTEL & BUSINESS SERVICES.24/7 Business Center, Laundry Room and The Pantry Convenience Store RECREATIONAL FACILITIES.Fitness Room open around the clock.Sport Court, Outdoor Swimming Pool and BBQ Pavilion are open daily from 8:00am to 10:00pm. Adult hour - 10:00pm - 11:00pm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Hts Hotel Mayfield Heights
- Staybridge Suites Mayfield Heights
- Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood Ohio