“Property is nice, service not nice. Remote to everything.”

Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's quiet. It's in a residential area, way off street, no food or other amenities near by.

You will not hear the air breaks of the trucks. And, if you get a room on the 1st floor, you won't hear much at all as the rooms are quite soundproof.

They have a sleep center in 124. The University Hospital employees must never have heard of HIPAA as they work with their door open, talking very *VERY loudly all day.

Bed was comfortable, pillow selection good. The shower was hot, water pressure not good.

Rooms do not have a luggage stand. What is it with Staybridge and their love of suitcases on the furniture? Yuck!

Service was just plain bad.

Nothing was replaced during my stay. Taken, sure, replaced, no.
Guests were turned right around at breakfast for showing up in their socks (kids, grandparents, whathaveyou) and told to go put their shoes on,
No food nearby means that you can be certain that any appetizers/beverages put out in the evening will be consumed. Quickly. Not refilled in a timely manner -- though the salad items were very good.

Items left in the sink were not washed, not put in the dishwasher...just rinsed and left to dry. Gross. That means everything in the glassware section needs a visit in the dishwasher.
--which is running right now.

I won't come back to this Staybridge. I have business nearby and when I return, it will be elsewhere.

Room Tip: Not on the 2nd floor and not near the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sonoran_Skies
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

This is the first review, I have ever responded to that I absolutely disagree with and am very disappointed by.

The Staybridge Suites collection and specifically our hotel is comfortable, clean and worked by people who care, genuinely care. I am personally there Monday - Friday, 6am -7pm. Frequenting on the weekends. Why, because I care and have a staff that feels the same.

There may not be a luggage stand, but we have spacious suites with very accommodating space for personal belongs. Our guest room rates are competitive and often priced lower than area hotels offering more value.

*A spacious Suite with a full kitchen
*Complimentary Coffee
*Complimentary Full Breakfast daily
*Complimentary Social - Tuesday - Thursday (a social that is a full dinner. We have ample food prepared each night)
*Complimentary Wireless Internet
*Complimentary Business Center
*Complimentary Laundry
*Complimentary Fitness Center
*Outdoor Pool and Grills for guests to use

Doesn't sound like a "Yuck" to me. We politely ask guest's in bare feet to put on shoes during food service. What is wrong with that? If they cut their feet on something, who will be blamed?

When we check a guest out, we always ask "How was your stay"? I ask guest's daily how there stay is. Did you allow us to "Make it Right"?

I am always available to discuss with a guest any questions, concerns or suggestions they may have.

I will only hope that you read my response and ask that you give other hotel's a chance before you leave. Then in the spirit of what Trip Advisor is supposed to be for, post your comments.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I only was staying for one night but wish I was staying longer. Fantastic rooms with a kitchen and up to date rooms. I did not feel like I was in a hotel room. The free breakfast was better than any hotel I have ever stayed at. The only downfall is that it is not in close walking distance to anything. You can not go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracy P
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to make such a nice comment on the Hotel. It goes a long way for the staff. You definitely need to drive to area shopping, attractions and or restaurants. Hopefully, you saved money not shopping and got rest and relaxation at the pool!!!

Come back again,

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great place for a family trip. Everything was great from beginning to end. We had traveled all day and were greeted by a very welcoming staff. The room was outstanding. We normally stay in Marriott Residence Inns and we would have but the price for a two room suit was over $200. I will make sure we stay here every time we come to visit our daughter. The breakfast was wonderful. The facilities were great. I will recommend this hotel chain to everyone I know. Very clean as well. I can't say enough about how pleased we were with our stay. Looking forward to using other Staybridge Suites on our vacations.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John G
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on your recent stay. Brings back memories when my parents moved me to college. Very special times. I am just glad the hotel and staff made it enjoyable and memorable, that means a lot!

When you return please feel free to call me if I can assist in any way.

Our best to you and your daughter .

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed at Staybridge Suites for 2 weeks for a business trip.
I love this hotel. Compared to the hotels I have seen in Europe this one is awesome.
Besides the wonderful staff the hotel (they can fix everything for you!) it is pretty well equipped with everything that you need. Superior, luxury and very comfortable suites. You will find everything that you need.
They even have 2 grills to use, a pool, a gym, basketball court, free guest laundry, complimentary dinner 3 times a week ,etc, etc.
If you are in the area, this hotel is your first choice!
Best regards from a very happy customer.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FBert

Thank you for such a nice comment. However, if I didn't get your safety deposit box open you would have had to stay with us longer!!! Knew that couldn't happen. We can only hope your are back on business soon, before it is to cold to grill outside.

Best of wishes,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a wonderful experience. We used their grills for a family cookout by the pool which my kids loved and the breakfast the next moring was a real treat. The whole staff was friendly and helpful. Tess the front desk woman was extremely friendly also. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Emmytate

Thank you for taking the time to share your enjoyable time at the Staybridge with your family and friends. We can only hope you for your return!!!!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at Staybridge Suites while visiting family in Cleveland.

The best thing about our room was the size. We had two bedrooms and a kitchen/living area. Great option for a family with several kids. The room wasn't the cleanest, but it was OK. The beds were comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was also very quiet.

The breakfast buffet in the morning was nice. Standard rubbery eggs but good selection of coffees and lots of variety of breads--waffles, muffins, bagels, toast, etc. The evening "happy hour" was great with beer and wine and chicken fingers, salad, and pizza. Another big plus when traveling with a family.

My kids swam in the pool which was clean, with towels provided. Nothing special (kind of small) but fine for the kids. There is also a basketball court next to it and a grill area, which would be nice for an extended stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel for guests to the Mayfield/East Side area. Nothing right next to the hotel to walk to but lots to drive to right nearby. The size and layout of the room was great for our family and we really appreciated the "extras," like beer/wine and free food in the evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

"Spacious Rooms and a Great Location"

Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your recent stay at the Staybridge Suites.

The rooms are spacious and it is a great location! We are so appreciative of guests' such as yourself that let us know what we are doing that exceed their expectations and where we need to improve.

We have just introduced new and improved menus for our complimentary Social Hour on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I am so glad you and the family enjoyed.

We also introduced some new items on the complimentary breakfast of which one item were the eggs. I agree with you, but we seem to be the minority on the eggs. I look forward to the days we have the omelets and breakfast pizza.

I have personally gotten more involved with housekeeping, cleaning rooms with them once a week as well as inspecting daily. The next time you stay at the hotel, I assure you, you will give us a "10" on cleanliness.

Again, thank you for your comments. They go a long way for the staff.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Anytime I come to Cleveland this is where I stay. The best service, cleanest rooms and good location for my needs. Good selection for the complimentary breakfast and the complimentary evening Sundowners are fantastic, especially if you are tired of having to eat out when traveling. My room is always spacious and the saline pool is great!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stephanie H

Stephanie from Massachusetts, thank you for your comments. It makes both myself and the staff very happy when guest's such as yourself travel a long way from home to be so satisfied at the Staybridge Suites!

Your comments go a long way for the staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield Heights
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Beachwood
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood

Been to Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood? Share your experiences!