Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“"Exellent"”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is our second time staying at this hotel and i can only say that we are just as happy the second time as we were the first. The staff always has a smile on there face and they are always there when u need something. The general manager takes great pride in her Hotel she is out and about with a smile on her face saying hi to everyone.The rooms are extremely clean,Pool is crystal clear, they have two large size grills if you want to grill out, they also have breakfast every morning at noooo extra charge, plus dinner Tues-Thurs every week free of charge wich is something you dont find in most hotels. They also have bachi ball,basketball hoop and a volley ball net.We are staying in this hotel for 5 weeks and i can't think of a better hotel to stay in for that long because EVERYONE in this hotel make you so comfortable u feel like your at home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dawn P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel numerous times before and generally liked it, but not this time. It started when we checked in. The toilet obviously hadn't been cleaned and there was a wet towel left on the bathroom floor. This was just the start of our problems. The free WiFi didn't work. In case you think it was user error, I do IT at the company I work for - people come to me when they can't make WiFi work. I spent half an hour trying every trick I know with no luck. Then I tried the mobile hotspot I always carry with me and it connected instantly, so the problem wasn't my laptop. But the worst was the party that went on in the common area until 3:30am. There was at least one wedding party staying at the hotel and apparently when the reception was over they decided to take it back to the hotel. The stuff had no luck keeping them quiet. Worse yet, our room was just down the hall from the lobby. When someone needed to use a cell phone they parked right outside our door! Bottom line - if you're having a wedding this is a great place to stay and party all night. If you'd like to get some sleep, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Bill C
, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Dear Bill,

It's disappointing to learn when a guest is not satisfied with their stay. It is even more disappointing to read of their disappointment on line. Every guest's safety and satisfaction is our concern.

The wedding party that stayed in the hotel, actually occupied about 25% of the hotel. We allowed them to used the Great Room as a courtesy so it doesn't disrupt any guests as well as having contracted Security on Duty.

I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay and can understand your posting your comments but find it difficult to understand why guest's are not comfortable telling us their concerns before they leave or during their stay so we can Make It Right!

We will look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Owner/GM
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed a couple days over memorial day. Beds comfortable enough, room clean enough, full enough kitchen, AC pretty good, pool, BBQ grills, nice location, no safe in room. Worth it. Good wifi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Avon by the Sea, New Jersey
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I recently stayed there for a business trip and was wowed by how great the rooms were. Very clean almost like new. All the comforts of home including a home cooked breakfast and dinner buffet. To top it off they had beer and wine for those longer days at the office! I actually had an issue upon check out with my bill and it was instantly handled by one of the owners/managers and she was nice enough to give me a discount because of it. Anywhere else and this would have been a 30 minute argument.

Thanks for the stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Michael,

It's guest's like yourself that make it a pleasure to be in the hospitality industry.

Look forward to having Staybridge your hotel of choice when in the area.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our suite was two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a kitchen/living room area. The kitchen had granite countertops and an island that stuck out with seats around it. There was a mid size refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, and stove. Beds were very comfy and there were e.ty of pillows. The breakfast buffet was better than some restaurants! For the price of an average room elsewhere, it was far superior!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Pinqueen300
StaybridgeCleve, Owner at Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let others know of your stay. Your gracious comments go a long way with the staff. It makes our work rewarding. We will look forward to your return.
Virginia
Reviewed January 13, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel almost every New Years Eve weekend since 2008. We visit family and have always had an excellent/very good stay at this location until this year. Our visit was for 3 nights. Several family members had difficulty at check-in however, they were rectified to the guest satisfaction.

Upon entering our room for the first time, I discovered the toilet was clogged by the previous hotel guest and promptly reported to the hotel staff. My concern was did the maid even clean the toilet in between guests? There was no way to miss this if she had (paper in the toilet) Maintenance was sent right away with a plunger but he stated after fixing it that there had been numerous problems with that toilet and he would probably see us again. The toilet worked okay until the last night of our stay. I reported to the front desk staff but they could not find a plunger so we had to use the lobby bathroom that night and the next morning until we checked out. Also upon arrival, our beds looked like someone had been jumping on them as the comforter was crumpled up in places. The couch was very dirty under the cushions with trash and dirt. The beds were extremely uncomfortable and I think new mattresses are in order. There is a door in between the bedroom and living area however we could not close it because the bed was in the way.

New Years Eve in this hotel was a nightmare. I realize the hotel staff had no way of seeing this coming however, they were not very reactive when some hotel guests decided to throw a New Years Eve party and invite over 100 of their closest friends over to their hotel room. I am not exaggerating. It was one of the scariest nights my family has had in a hotel. When we returned from our family's New Years Eve celebration, the hotel had been taken over by the partiers and completely out of control. There were drunk people falling down the halls, yelling, trying to pick up my teenage nieces, urinating in the elevator, and overall being completely unruly. The lobby where breakfast was served had at least 75-100 people crowded in there. Empty liquor bottles laying all through the halls. One of the party guests was holding open the back door that should have been accessed only by room key to allow all of their friends to come in (which was right outside our door)

Hotel guests were complaining at the front desk. The one security officer was overwhelmed. At around 1:30 am, one of the party guests pulled the fire alarm...twice. In a way I was glad however, because this finally prompted the police to be called and it took several of them to get control of the building. They were escorting people out of the hotel and arrested the ones that pulled the fire alarm. It was a very scary place to be. Once again, I know the hotel did not ask for this but, they also should have been more pro-active in calling the police for help as this had been out of control for several hours before anything was done. I would hope they would learn on nights like this to lock the back doors and have every guest come through the front showing ID that they are guests there. I recommended this to the staff person the next day and she told me they couldn't do that because it would inconvenience the guests that are long term residents there! As if they weren't inconvenienced by the gigantic party and fire alarm at 1:30 am?

I have filed a complaint about this with the hotel and asked for a return phone call but have not received one. We do have other options in the area to stay and will definitely choose another hotel for return trips.

The positives of this hotel is that they do have an expansive breakfast included in the price of the hotel. It is well maintained by attentive staff.

Please note I am a pretty understanding traveller and am not that picky but, this hotel did little to impress me this stay and did nothing to make me want to come back for another stay. You can check my other review of the hotel to see that I am a fair reviewer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank momof2inva
As an Owner/Manager of the Staybridge Suites - Mayfield Heights, OH, yes, it was very disheartening to have the first New Year'e Eve in 6 years, disrupted by the occupants of 2 guest rooms that will never be allowed to stay at the hotel again!

We are not making excuses, but accepting full responsibility for what occurred. I apologize for the guest who has not heard from me, as I was at the hotel 6am - 1pm, on January 1st meeting with guests offering apologies and compensation. In fact, the guest that wrote this review received a discount on the additional two nights right after check in. Yes, as a good will gesture, we honored the same rate on New Year's Eve for guests staying additional nights. So, yes their rate was adjusted without asking.

We called all guests shortly after check in to ensure guest satisfaction. If this was not the case with the guest writing the review, again, I apologize.

This hotel was built with a lot of heart and is managed with heart and professionalism, striving for nothing but the best of accommodations and service. I welcome the opportunity to personally speak to the guest and anyone else that stays at the hotel. My words are meant with sincerity and honest. We value the opinions of our guests and strive daily to develop strong partnerships and guests loyalty.

I can reached directly at 440-684-4100 or at cgold@marathonhc.com

Owner/General Manager
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2012

It was a nice room that had a comfortable bed. We only stayed one night and didn't have anything to complain about. It wasn't fancy, but clean, quiet, and comfy!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mayfield Heights
Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
Homewood Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East / Mayfield Village
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cleveland East
Comfort Inn Mayfield Heights Cle...
#2 of 3 in Mayfield Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
Aloft Beachwood
#3 of 15 in Beachwood

Been to Staybridge Suites Cleveland Mayfield Heights Beachwood? Share your experiences!