“first time”

Dining options: Reservations
Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, United States
“first time”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

it was my first time to a japanese hibachi grill style place and it was fun, went with family members on a trip for a funeral and they had been to these types of place before. The service was good, only one server (Thursday evening)but I think she did great and Ray was great too......my chicken was rathe r tough, and my aunt couldn't eat her steak because she had no knife to cut it and would not ask for one.......I would go again for sure if in town, my son ate a huge tray of a variety of sushi and loved it and my daughter ate lobster for the 1st time and ate every bit.....good time and good food

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Marta L

Mentor, Ohio
“A 20 year favorite still awesome!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I first ate at Otani's about 20 years ago. I had a great meal and have been coming back several times a year since then. I can say food and service are excellent. Hibachi is awesome and despite years of eating here they still manage to come up with some new tricks to keep the meal entertaining. We had Ray cooking for us and he was great as an cook and entertainer with jokes and cooking tricks. The food is huge and I usually take home half for another meal the next day. Sushi is some of the best around. I have eaten at many hibachi places over the years. Otani's sets the standard for all others to live up to. Eat here without fear. If you'd like to save a few bucks the 1/2 price habachi and sushi nights and are in the Cleveland entertainment book.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Roger B
Willoughby, Ohio
“Otani - Entertaining & Good”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My sisters and cousins enjoy trying different restaurant locations for our monthly dinners. Otani's was our pick for the month of May. We were in the hibachi section and each of us had the Otani Special which included a combination of soup, salad and shrimp, chicken. Salad & dressing was great. Our chef was fun and entertaining cooking and serving fried rice (the volcano), vegetables, shrimp and chicken. The white/horseradish sauce was the extremely good.
Fun evening with family and definitely enjoyed and will return!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank debo528
Northeastern Ohio
“Great food and service”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Located in a plaza with several retail stores, Otani's provides prompt service and an excellent hibachi room. We arrived late in the afternoon and were quickly ushered to a table. We ordered the Otani Special which features a combination of soup, salad and shrimp, chicken and steak. The salad dressing was outstanding--we wish we could have purchased some to take home with us! The fried rice, sauteed vegetables and three meats were prepared to perfection! We especially enjoyed the white/horseradish sauce! Even though we live over an hour away, we are already planning our next visit to this delightful restaurant!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Thomas0511
Mayfield Heights, Ohio
“Love!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I love everything about this place. The Volcano Sushi Roll is amazing! The hibachi is awesome! The service is excellent! I have been there with just my husband and also once with the kids. It's appropriate for any occasion. I need to remember to take advantage of the half price sushi night more often!

• Visited December 2012