“A Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Omaha, Nebraska
“A Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We had a very nice stay at the Hapton Inn in Maumee. The hotel was clean and quiet and the rooms, while on the small side, were clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast room was big enough to accommodate all the guests. The hotel has excellent indoor and outdoor pools -- rare these days. We took advantage of both and they were great. I would recommend this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed here for one night. Nice, clean, basic Hampton Inn Hotel. Good breakfast. No complaints. Easy on and off from the Ohio Turnpike.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Hampton Inns have become our go-to hotel when we are looking for a place off of the highway. This one is below average. The housekeeping was poor--there was leftover garbage from previous guests between the wall and the bedside table, in addition to a lot of dust and grime in corners. Some of the garbage appeared to have been there for quite a while, as it was covered in dust.

The wifi didn't reach our room (I think we were in room 400) and there was no wired internet. The desk was quite small.

The other amenities were standard for a Hampton Inn--comfortable bed, quick and easy check-in and out, free parking, location convenient to the freeway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 18, 2010

We booked this hotel while on the road. They were accomodating and asked if we had any discounts. It was 25% less than other hotels in the area. The room was very new, clean, and set up well. They made the most of the space in the room with built ins that I haven't seen in a Hampton in the past. Large room with sufficient mirrors for makeup and so on. Comfortable King bed. Very clean. Easy driving distance to some good places for dinner. It was a holiday weekend, so there were lots of families and kids for soccer tournaments and softball, but the room was quiet. The breakfast room was super busy, but the staff kept up with stocking the breakfast items and it went well.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed five nights. Never had a problem. The room was nice and the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2009

Hampton Inns are quite predictably good. This one is even better. Fitness center has four pieces of equipment...all in good shape. Indoor pool is very large. Outdoor pool is smaller but both were squeakly clean and enjoyable. Easy walk to restaurants. The Red Lobster across the street was excellent.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
usa
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Maumee every other week for almost three years for business. The past three visits have made me decide to take my business elsewhere.

My first bad experience happened at the beginning of June. I went to get into bed at midnight and pulled back my covers to find a fresh blood spot about the size of a 50c piece. I called the frontdesk and they offered to let me move rooms, but it was late, so I just had them come and change the sheets. I figured, this stuff happens once in a while. no big deal.

So, two weeks later I came back and of course the first thing I did was turn down my bed to look at the sheets. This time they looked clean. But there was a brown stain the size of someone's hand on the duvet (looked like blood that had been washed out). Then I went into the bathroom and noticed that all the towels looked wrinkly and smelled funny. I called the front desk. They said that the duvet covers cannot be bleached and that it was potentially a stain they couldn't get out. They replaced the cover and my towels

Now, you would think that would be enough for me to stop staying here. It was.....however, tonight I had last minute plans and this was the hotel that was already booked for me, so I gave them one more shot. This will be my final stay. I walked into my room and immediately turned down the bed. This time there was makeup (like foundation and lipstick as though someone slept face down) and what looked to be dried mucus.

For the first few years I never once looked at my sheets. I cringe to think about how many times I slept in other peoples dirty sheets. As soon as I started looking, each time I found something. This is a dirty hotel. Stay somewhere else, there are about 15 other hotels right in the area and at least 8 of them are in this same price range.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank nto27
bennettenterprise, Revenue Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
I am so sorry to hear of your repeated problems with the Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee. The General Manager said that he is working with you to help resolve this problam and I know that he has been doing re-training with teh housekeeping staff to make sure to correct this very important issue. Thank you so much for bringing this problem to our attention so we are able to remedy this situtation imediately.