“"one of the nicest"”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Bonita Springs, Florida
“"one of the nicest"”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is truly one of the nicest Hamptons that I've stayed at. Very clean rooms, convenient to the exit on I-80 with a large selection of restaurants in the immediate area. What else can you ask for when traveling.

Room Tip: Don't get a room across from the ice machine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you so much for holding us in such a high place among hotels that you have stayed visited. This is truly outstanding and your confidence in us is very much appreciated. From my team and myself we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kindest regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were finishing our road trip and looking for someplace to stop, halfway between New York and Chicago. The Toledo area was at the halfway point, so we decided to find something convenient for a single night. This Hampton Inn fit the bill and was so much more.

First of all, it's "easy on/easy off" from the Turnpike, with lots of options for gas and dinner and breakfast. We took advantage of the hotel's breakfast which was the most generous breakfast that I've ever had. There were lots of protein choices, the food was fresh and monitored. Very convenient.

Everyone was so professional and took pride in their jobs. The hotel was clean and looked to be newly updated. I really liked the black and white photos in the lobby and elevators. A very special touch was unique black and white photos at every door. This was remarkable - you know how when you stay in hotels night after night, you get confused which room number is tonight? The pictures were sweet reminders of your own room. A nice touch.

The price was fair, we got a room without a reservation, the rooms were clean, and the bed was comfortable. Check, check, check and check!

Perfect situation for a rest stop!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the fantastic comments you have shared. I am so glad that your stay was all you expected and appreciate the time you have taken to tell your story. Hampton certainly wants our guests to feel as though they have "a "friend in town" and I hope the pictures you mentioned assisted in sharing that message.

All the best to you and yours!
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had previously stayed at this hotel 3 or 4 years ago, and nothing has changed. It continues to be clean, quiet, comfortable, and a decent value for the price. I was concerned about the quietness since at least one softball team was staying there but we did not hear anything, not even slamming doors (one of my pet peeves). The staff is friendly and helpful. We did not use the pool but it looked to be very clean. It did not give off a chlorine smell in the hallway, much to my husband's delight (one of his pet peeves). The breakfast was typical Hampton Inn breakfast. We happened to be eating breakfast at the same time as a softball team and the staff did a good job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked.
So why did I only give it 4 stars? When we took a shower the tub did not drain properly. We were both ankle deep in water by the time we finished our showers and I waited about 10 minutes for the water from my husband's shower to drain out before I got my shower. I did mention this to the front desk when I checked out and the clerk made a note to have it checked.
Would we stay here again - definitely yes (but I will probably check the drainage of the tub when I check in instead of waiting until my morning shower).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your gracious comments and for putting up with the slow drain. I look forward to sharing your comments with my team and look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

All the best this summer!
Conneaut, Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great hotel and staff. Good location, near alot of restaurants and stores. Clean and quite location. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms. Great pool and whirlpool. Great breakfast every morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive feedback from your recent stay with us. You have certainly touched on some of our key ammenities and I am glad everything met your needs. It is always great to here comments from our valued guests, we hope to see you on a future visit to Maumee.

Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2014

So I finally made it back home to visit Maumee after living in Florida for the past 8 years and I happened to get on an earlier flight which led me to arriving to the hotel early. I called the Hampton ahead of time to see about getting in a bit earlier than check in and I was told the generic line that all hotel associates tell their customers. I still decided to go to the hotel early anyway to see if I could get in and I was greeted by an extremely friendly guest service agent. I am not sure what her name was but I am sure she has worked for the hotel for a long time (maybe Rita?) I told her that if I were to receive a SALT survey I definitely would comment on my experience she created upon my arrival. I was able to get checked in early and every time I walked by the front desk she said something to me which I really appreciated. Other than that, I honestly didn't use any of the facilities. I didn't have breakfast, didn't use the gym or pool, just pretty much came there to lay my head while I visited home and it was well worth it. My stay was in September of last year but being from the hotel industry I know how feedback can affect the future of a hotel so I did not want to forget to post something. I hope everyone there at the Hampton in Maumee is doing well and I look forward to another great stay next time I visit.

Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I can not wait to share your comments with the staff and Rita specifically. I am gald you enjoyed your visit home and it was our pleasure to be part of your trip. I know for me going back home is always very specia. We look forward to seeing you in the future, until then enjoy your summer!
Grandville, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great hotel. Very quiet. Great staff and very helpful. Rooms are very clean as well as the lobby. The fitness room is ok. The breakfast is good. Great location with many area restaurants and stores. The complimentary internet was fairly decent with speed and very easy to access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
The majority of our travelers are here on business and I am glad you found the accomodations meeting your needs. We are fortunate to have access to many commercial areas in the Toledo metro area with numerous services to support our corporate visitors. Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Have an enjoyable and safe holiday weekend!
Ankeny, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2014

The hotel delivered what we needed. The staff was friendly and attentive. The breakfast staff was kind of absent most of the time, so things were unavailable. We received a very typical Hampton Inn stay. Nothing set the hotel apart.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. I was pleased to read all was mostly accommodating, but certainly wish we good have provided a little extra attention to make your visit more special. We appreciate your feed back and will use it to strengthen your service in the future.

Enjoy your summer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!