“no wake up call”

Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed March 14, 2014

it may sound like a small thng but no call made me late for a meeting. when i told the desk of corse they made the call but the phone did not ring some how it was my fault. this is not the first time i have stayed here and i liked this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking time to share of your experience and I certainly understand your disappointment in our dropping the ball on such an importatnt aspect of our service. It is frustrating for us when we receive an automated system report as each call is answered or when automated calls are attempted but not answered. Many times this due to guests already up and simply don't pick up or in some cases is the result of a phone off the hook or even disconnected. I apologize that we let you down...

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The stay at Hampton Inn was wonderful. the rooms were large and comfortable and the breakfast was fabulous. Pool and hot tub were clean and inviting. This hotel is definitely on my list of second stay options when in the Maumee/Toledo, Ohio area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

It is certainly that time of year for volleyball tournaments and I was pleased to read that you found the hotel accommodating for your visit. I hope we get the opportunity to see you again for future competitions and appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments.

All the best!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Now folks, if you read my other reviews, I'm a simple kind of girl, I don't get hung up on the details nor do I expect to be treated like royalty, but really this hotel exceeded my expectations. So let me tell you about the best parts of the Hampton Inn.

1. The hotel room - I highly recommend if you are single or with your significant other....GET THE KING BED (they even have the standard size pillows) - the bed was so comfortable

2. Cable TV great channels, I watched some good movies - they do have on demand, but don't even think about paying $15.99 for a movie that's showing in the theaters. It costs more than New York theaters (they charge $14.50)

3. The breakfast bar ...you do NOT want to skip over this, I actually rolled out of bed in my pajamas, piled on my plate and took it back to my room. The French toast sticks were to die for, and the eggs were authentic.

4. The bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels and washcloths and some other toiletries I didn't use (well maybe I used the make up remover wipes)

5 LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION! The hotel is right next door to Kroger, Meijer, there's a mall about a couple of miles away, plenty of food places (some give you 20% discount). Any last minute shopping that needs to be done, no need to worry it's a stone's throw away.

6. Coffee 24-7....drink at your own risk, that coffee is potent and delicious it kept me awake at the most crucial times.

Overall, I am very pleased, I highly recommend this hotel, and I will definitely come back when I need a getaway adventure.

Room Tip: 1. Don't skip the breakfast or the coffee, it's worth the money! 2. The shower takes a...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank brookelyn2030
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

You have spent much time relating many aspects of your stay and thank you does not seem to say enough. I can only add that of all the items you have mentioned, saying you would like to come back is the icing on the cake for us.

Sincerely all the best in to you and yours....safe travels!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have stayed here a few times for work. The property is a bit older, but the rooms are clean and functional. They have the newer power stations with USB chargers which is nice. The fitness facility isn't bad...two treadmills, a bike, weights, and a eliptical. Never experienced a broken machine while staying. Location is convenient to a few restaurants, a couple grocery stores. Right off the Ohio turnpike. Good value for the cost.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

As always thank you for staying with us and the confidence you have placed in Hampton Inn Hotels. I know your time is valuable and appreciate the time you have taken to tell us of your experience, I look forward to sharing them my team.

Thank you for being a Hilton HHonors Member

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel is a really good value and I would recommend to other travelers. The hotel is located in close proximity to many areas of interest in Toledo. The new Krogers next door offers many fresh foods for anyone that travels frequently and is tired of eating out.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Very nice of you to take the time to give us such a nice high five. We are very fortunate to be in an area offering a great selection of restaurants and stores adjacent or nearby. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Safe travels

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stay regularly due to business travel. Outstanding service by the entire staff - Great Value and Clean ammentities. The breakfast is as good as you can get next to going out for breakfast. The food quality is very good, served hot and a large selection for buffet style continental.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments and for the confidence you have shown in choosing our location. I know it is difficult to travel for on a work and we would like you to think of us as your home away from home. Don't hesitate to ask myself or team if we can be of any assistance during your stays.

All thes best!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My husband and I decided on a last minute night away. We chose the Hampton due to its location near the Turnpike and not too far from the casino. The rooms were very nice. Furnished nicely, clean and convenient. It would have been a great room for a longer stay as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Your time and comments about your stay are much appreciated I am so glad you selected us for some relaxation time....seems we all need some of that due to this unending winter. I hope you also enjoyed the Hollywood Casino and please keep us in mind when you want to try your luck again!

Kindest regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Toledo, OH
Home2 Suites By Hilton Maumee Toledo
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!