“Stopover”

Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
“Stopover”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed one night on our way to Illinois. Typical Hampton which we always find good. Good location with easy access to interstate and plenty of eating places. Definitely would stay again. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 5, 2013

When reviewing a property like this that has a good to excellent circle rating and many reviews, what do I say that hasn’t already been said many times before? For me, what I look for in this circumstance is the most recent reviews to see whether the property continues to earn positive reviews. Therefore I’ll provide this summary review.

When traveling, I look for places that are four to five circles in “trip advisor”, that are reasonably priced for the area, that offer a free breakfast and have free wireless internet service. This property met those conditions. We can confirm the positive reviews of others. We especially enjoyed the breakfast and the internet worked well. Our stay was a good one and we would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your gracious comments regarding your stay with us. It certainly will be a delight in sharing this with my Hampton Team. They all try to make a huge effort in providing a consistant and great place to stay.

All the best and safe travels!
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Good enough for an overnight business trip but my bathroom looked like it was from a $29 hotel- very badly needed an update. Pool area was beautiful though! So if you get a room with a good bathroom I'd rate this a 4.5 overall.

• Stayed April 2013
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our pool area to be beautiful and overall enjoyed your stay. However, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize if you were disappointed with some areas of our hotel. I totally regret that you found your bathroom to be in good condition. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you went through. Your business is and satisfaction is incredibly important to us and I assure you that we will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our property.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

All the best...
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Took my daughter to a volleyball tourny had a great overnight stay. Everything was very clean, internet service great, pool was large/hot tub and clean, great breakfast...one of the best Hamptons I have ever stayed in

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank your for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and I am elated that we our property met your needs. I look forward to sharing your gracious comments with my team and certainly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

All the best!
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2013

People are always very nice at Hampton Inns but this trip the room wasn't as clean as it should have been. They did comp the room but I'd preferred to have it clean to begin with. The lobby is very nice - I'm always tempted to spend more time there because the only place to get comfortable in the room in on the bed.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. We have appreciated your many stays with us. I was delighted to read from your review that you found our lobby to be nice and our staff to be friendly towards you. I do however understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

ohio
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed one night at this Hampton Inn. I got a military rate and was glad they had that rate available. I checked other hotels in the area and none of the others offered the military rate. I know this may not make a difference to some people but when I arrived at the front desk for check in, the employees were not dressed very professionally (sloppy looking, wrinkled). After I got my room key card I took the elevator to the 4th floor and when the doors opened I could smell cigarette smoke. As I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke, I went back down to the front desk to ask if there was a room on one of their 2 non-smoking floors and was told " we are totally booked". After an hour I called the hotel from my cell phone and asked if there were any rooms available for that night and was told by Patty that there were two rooms available and they were on a non-smoking floor. I will say that my room itself did not smell like smoke but the hallway odor was strong. Unfortunately this has put me off staying at Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: If you want a non smoking floor, ask for 2nd or 3rd floor. 1st and 4th floor are a mix of smoking an...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel and for choosing us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I very much regret for the inconvenient smell of smoke you had during your stay. I know that dring our next room renovation we will be converting the last few remaining smoking rooms to non-smoking.

Again, I truly regret and inconveniences you went through and hope that you give us another chance of staying with us if you are ever around our area.

Ken
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are very clean and a great wind down after a long day of meetings etc. Lobby and general area recently updated and excellent for any type of group rendezvous. Breakfast is hot and pretty typical, although I would have liked to have a bacon offering. The to go snack sacks are perfect for the mid morning hump before lunch. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I didn't get a chance to use the pool and fitness area but it appeared that others weren't having issues. I've stayed here multiple times without issue.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!