“Great Business Stay”

Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Rooms are very clean and a great wind down after a long day of meetings etc. Lobby and general area recently updated and excellent for any type of group rendezvous. Breakfast is hot and pretty typical, although I would have liked to have a bacon offering. The to go snack sacks are perfect for the mid morning hump before lunch. Staff was friendly and accommodating. I didn't get a chance to use the pool and fitness area but it appeared that others weren't having issues. I've stayed here multiple times without issue.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee

Reviewed February 25, 2013

While this location meets the basic needs of a business hotel there were a few short comings. The location was close to the high way and there were restaurants and shopping close by. The bed was comfortable, room was quiet and HVAC was reasonable. Some of those wall units really make a lot of noice but this was not the case here. While I did not use the flat screen TV much it worked fine for my brief news fix.There was a writing desk and light for working with a laptop.

My two biggest complaints is the lack of an recliner or easy chair. There was only the beds and desk chair to sit on. For breakfast the usual food was available which I can deal with except for the coffee. For some reason the Hamption Inn coffee is not to my taste.

Still I'd stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We appreciate your business and thank your for your positive feedback. I do apologize that we did not meet all your needs during this stay. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. Your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you we will see you in the near future. I would be happy to suggest many fine coffee spots very near the hotel.

Safe travels!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was clean and very nice. The TV was blurry in the room however. The included breakfast was very disappointing. The oatmeal was cold, and the extras for the oatmeal were empty (brown sugar, raisins, almonds). The eggs were hard and cold (and I think articificial - they were that bad!) and the doughnuts stale. I would not return based on the price - as we look at the breakfast when considering spending that amount of money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was glad to read your review that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I was very dissappointed and apologize that our breakfast was below you expectations.

At Hampton Inns travel and dining is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our property. Please ba assured that your comments will be shared with our team to improve the quality of our breakfast bar.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here when driving to Pennsylvania from Chicago--a great half way point. King room reasonably priced--clean room, comfortable beds, friendly staff, and great breakfast included. Many items to choose from including fresh fruit, hot buffet items, waffles, oatmeal, yogurt, variety of toaster items. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed for a one night stop after driving all day from the East. The desk clerk was very accomodating, as we didn't have a reservation, and she made check-in a breeze. The room was clean, and plenty of towels were available in the bathroom. The only complaint is, the bed was about 3 inches from the wall because of a 6-prong extention plugged directly in the wall. Pillows kept falling through the hole through the night. I'd suggest a regular 6 foot extention cord that isn't directly against the wall, and maybe having some additional pillows available. We only found 2 pillows on each bed, no extras in the closet. Also, the heater ran continually, so it was either keep in on all night, or turn it off occaisionally to get some quiet.

Overall, this hotel is an excellent value, and in a convienient area. There are places to eat close to the hotel. We ate at a sports bar accross the street and the food wan't too good, but it filled the tank after a long drive. We will definately stay here again when going throught the Toledo area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby. The elevator is at the other end of the building, and a little b...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2012

stop here for the night on our way to Florida. Was considering Holiday Inn but came across this hotel. Was the best decision made. Hotel was clean, front desk friendly. The bed was comfortable and breakfast was good. Noise level was low. Lots of outlets to charge all the electronics we have from tablets, laptop and cell phones. will consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2012

The breakfast included just about everything you could want from hard boiled eggs to oatmeal to cereal to hot foods to donuts. The rooms were very clean and the price was great. The hotel is very generous with towels, soaps and other needs.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. My team strives to make our guest stay's enjoyable and I look forward to sharing your positive experience with them-very nice indeed!. We appreciate your spending a portion of your holidays with us...safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!