“OK for one night”

Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way to Pittsburgh. We arrived around 10:30 p.m. The two ladies working at the front desk were less than enthusiastic. One was on the phone and did not even acknowledge us when we arrived. The other sauntered out from the back room to check us in, but was kind of rude. The room was fairly clean, but it smelled like bad cleaning solution. The breakfast was not appetizing. The fruit looked bruised and the other food was cold and tasteless. The hotel was packed, so maybe they were too busy to care about good customer service. Overall, it was okay as a place to sleep after a long drive, but I would not stay any longer than one night. There are plenty of places to eat near the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank z75
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

On behalf of my team, we are certainly sorry you did not receive our typical welcome. We are always looking for ways to improve our overall service and guest experiences. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all guests enjoy their stay. We will work with our team to ensure this type of issue is corrected. Again, my apologies and thank you for your feedback. We hope to you will stay with us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Booked several rooms for a travel softball team to stay this past weekend. I always book Hamptons when available because I have never had and issue, till now. Check in was fine and the first night was great. Other then I asked to be next to another family and we weren't and our group was somewhat scatter about the floor not next to eachother. Kids loved the pool and adults loved the patio. The next day however we returned late that evening to discover the ceiling above my daughter's bed leaking and falling down.(unfortunately my daughter left the do not disturb tag on the door so the room wasnt cleaned or they might have discovered the issue sooner) Apparently someone in the room above overflowed the tub or toilet. Not sure never found out. When I called the front desk to tell them the lady that answered acted like it was no big deal. I had to ask to be moved to a different room(she wasn't going to offer, just said " I'll have someone check out the room above you") and she said "I am with a guest here can I call you back?" Ok so we finally got moved across the hall. I told the lady that brought the key that my daughter's pillow pet was ruined from ceiling water but she didn't care. The shower in the second room was kind of gross and had mold growing in it and another person in our party said her room felt very damp. The next morning we didn't have to leave till 12, but housekeeping knocked on the door despite the do not disturb sign. Just not what I am use to from Hampton. Plus I was charged for the rollaway both nights even though they never bothered to offer to move it and I was too tired and annoyed to care at that point to ask for anything else.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MaryG595
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. In addition, our maintenance team has been informed of the leaking ceiling and has been repaired. We have worked with our housekeeping staff as well, in order to ensure that all of our bathrooms are up to the cleanliness standard that our guests expect. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments and I will follow up with you!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

First - Hhonors Gold members should not be assigned a room that has a view of the HVAC unit and that's all (picture attached). The woman at the desk asked me my name, handed me my room key packet and stared at me. I had to ask her if she needed anything else, no welcome, no directions to the elevator, no thank you.. .nothing...

The bathroom was just not clean. Fingerprints on the mirror, mildew in the shower, toiletries that were used by another guest and not replaced.

Internet connectivity was spotty and dropped constantly.

The hallway was a good 15 degrees hotter than it should have been. It was uncomfortable to walk in the halls.

Breakfast wasn't very good either. Juice ran out and I had to ask twice for someone to fill the dispenser. Eggs were cold, just wasn't appetizing at all. Think one step below the typical Hampton Breakfast.

I had some colleagues who stayed at the Courtyard right around the corner and I met them at their hotel, and that hotel was much nicer, I'm going to try that one the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor in the even numbers from 200-216 have a wonderful view of the roof and HVAC s...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I very dissappointed and frustrated that our service was not up to our nomal standards and let you down. I will be addressing these items with each of the departments and the individuals that failed to make a difference during your stay.
Thank you for being a Hilton HHonors member and I will be contacting you directly to follow up.

Ken B-GM

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here, while visiting a friend in Maumee. It is typical of all Hampton Inns, clean, a VERY comfortable bed, a decent breakfast (even choices for this vegan), and a friendly staff. Used the treadmill one morning. No view, but ... Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a very good hotel. I have stayed here multiple times. Just visited again this past week. As always it is in great shape and the employees are always upbeat. Good breakfast choices and located far enough from the highway to keep all the rooms quiet. The swimming area is great and the perfect size for people traveling with little ones wanting to swim. Great value for the buck.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I was super happy that the manager, Ken Braun - accomodated ALL my requests when I made my reservation. Extra 3 pillows, check. Away from elevator, check. Highest floor, check ! Awesome ! The check-in and check-out process was fast - 5 blinks of an eye and you're done. I also forgot my toothbrush, and thank goodness the Hampton can provide you with disposable toothbrush (and more) - the night manager, Patty Crisp - was super duper nice and friendly. The breakfast area in the lobby looks like a warm, welcoming living room. There's coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and juice available all day. The breakfast ain't so bad, either - scrambled eggs, turkey sausage (sometimes a sausage patty or an omelet), oatmeal, fruit salad, cereal boxes, yogurt, hot waffles, bagels, english muffin and different pastries. In the afternoon, there's a bunch of soft prepackaged chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies too. Free USA Today Mon-Fri. The pillows, sheets and comforter are clean, just as advertised. The chambermaids are friendly. I was in Maumee for my cousin's graduation from the University of Toledo. There's not much channels to choose from in the TV compared to Wyndham's Windgate hotel (that was added in by my TV addict relative) - but it doesn't matter to me. There's a Big Boy and a Schlotzsky's Deli right beside the hotel. You can call Schlotzsky's and have them deliver food to your room. The warm wood tone cabinets are a nice touch, plus there's a steam iron and an ironing board in your room (life saver for me, as all of my clothes were krayzee crumpled in my suitcase). It's also cool that there's a Meijer right across the hotel (I bought a whole whack of Milky Way, hehe).
I will definitely go back to this hotel if i'm in the area again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Chris B
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel was exactly as expected - good, friendly service from the front desk and house keeping staff - the room was clean, modern and a nice size - very good value for the money. The indoor swimming pool was large, but the fitness area was very small (2 small treadmills, 1 eliptical, 1 recumbent bike and some free weights). The outdoor pool was not open yet.

One thing was odd - no drinking glasses in the room.

Breakfast is free until 10:00, but we did not eat there.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!