“Nice Hampton, clean& cookies!”

Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Nice stay. Rooms are clean, great location and safe. Not bad price and always a good stay

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee

Reviewed May 15, 2011

We were here 1 night before visiting the Magee Marsh area on Lake Erie to view migratory warblers. This hotel is still 40 minutes from the birding "hot spots", but we like Hampton Inn and wanted to try a recommended restaurant in the area (Mancy's Bluewater Grille - fantastic!) for dinner.
When we arrived, there was group of young people in the lobby having a lively discussion. It occurred to me that there might be a few wedding parties in the hotel that night. The front desk team was helpful on this point and put the 3 of us in a wing that was super quiet so we never heard if the rehearsal dinner night crowd got rowdy. I appreciated the front desk helping us with this last minute request since we had plans to get up very early Saturday morning.
We checked our bedding for any evidence of bed bugs (thanks to the manager of a Hilton in downtown Cincinnati, we know the routine to use once we enter a hotel room). The room was clean and up to date. No bed bugs here!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Whether it was the efficient check in, the breakfast, the room and bathroom quality, the comfy bed, or the hassle-free check out, this hotel is the tops. Right in the centre of everywhere, it was offered a great experience

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2010

We traveled here to take our son to the Toledo Zoo. We had a nice stay, although I woke up on our second morning with bites on two different areas of my body. I called the Manager down and he confirmed I had found at least one dead bed bug, and the bites I had matched their biting pattern (double bites, close together). He apologized profusely & took one night off our bill. I know it's not the hotel's fault since these spread easily. And I knew I had some work ahead of me when we arrived home in order to ensure I didn't bring them in my house.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank berd
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I always love to stay at Hampton Inn anytime anywhere.
As usual, I had a very good night's sleep at this Maumee property.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This is a hidden gem. It is a cute quiet Hampton Inn. The location is great for all around Toledo. It is also close to grabbing a quick meal. The staff is friendly!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Not sure why a tiny handful of comments were negative. We found the hotel to be extremely clean and inviting. Quiet rooms were attractively furnished (although they could use a few pictures or artworks to further soften the walls.) Beds were excellent. Amenities plentiful and we lost count at more than a dozen restaurants within less than a mile, many in walking distance. EZ on/off major freeways. This is an excellent hotel choice.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Hampton Inn & Suites Toledo-Perrysburg
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#13 of 19 in Maumee
Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee

Been to Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee? Share your experiences!