“A Ray of Sunshine in Maumee”
Review of Comfort Inn West

Comfort Inn West
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed June 1, 2014

After 500 miles on the road all you really need is friendly, courteous service, a clean, comfortable room, comfortable bed, hot shower and good, hot breakfast in the morning... Check, check, check, check, and double check. I was completely satisfied with every aspect of my stay. No frills, just good solid delivery of the important things to travelers. Received AAA discount plus free upgrade to King on "quieter" second floor. Couldn't be happier. Thanks, Comfort Inn West. Tichiganblues

Room Tip: Second Floor rooms tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tichiganblues
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn West, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2017

Guest satisfaction is top priority at our hotel. For that reason we truly appreciate your comments regarding our bed and breakfast. Please consider staying with us again so that we can have the opportunity to provide you with an even superior experience.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I called while traveling and got a room without a problem. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast was good. The hotel was easily accessible from the freeway. It was a nice place to stop after traveling all day long. I would stay there again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: There is another Comfort Inn closer to the freeway exit, but it was more expensive. We went a few bl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nontravelerUtah

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding our area and breakfast. I hope that we will impress you with exemplary service during future visits.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel was a very good choice for a stay. It is a clean hotel It had very comfortable beds, clean bathroom. Very good hot breakfast. The sausage gravy was good and very hot. It was boiling in the crock pot. The food was constantly replenished. There are security cameras in parking lot. The TV monitor is at front desk which gave you a security feeling. Even though the location seemed good. We had our car fully loaded and were glad for the security. There are a lot of good restaurants nearby and about a mile away. They also have some restaurants that will deliver. Their menu is in the room and you order online and the restaurant delivers to your room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MarLea2013

We are continuously improving upon our services and accommodations and want to thank you very much for your comments about our location and parking. We hope to see you again and that you'll truly be impressed with our continued improvements.We hope you'll return someday to see how we are continuously taking our constructive feedback seriously to better serve our guests.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We have stayed here two years in a row on our trip to Florida. The room conditions were very nice....it almost seemed recently renovated(I'm not sure if it was). Carpet was clean and beds were very comfortable.

It included a continental breakfast that was well stocked, including biscuits n gravy, waffles, sausage, eggs and all of the usual items.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank cmu15

Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional guest experience. Thank you for sharing with us about our breakfast and room. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you will give us a chance to serve you again.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I guess they only post 4 or 5 star ratings on their website. I was trying to be nice there but I'll be a bit more blunt with my review here. I stayed here with my girlfriend for a weekend getaway on March 15th, 2014. Reviews I read were great but deceiving. The staff was nice but pretty unapologetic with our complaints. I've stayed at my share of hotels in my lifetime and have NEVER heard of a $100 security deposit on a hotel room(that will take 7-10 business days to be credited to your account). The room was very clean and that was the highlight of the stay. But, the handle in the shower was broken and I almost fell and hurt myself because of it. The shower drain was also clogged to the point it took an hour for all the water to drain out after a shower. I'm glad we stayed on the 2nd floor because we could hear every person walking around near our room.... I can't imagine how it sounds on the first floor. The reviews on the breakfast said it was a great gourmet breakfast. The pre formed egg patties were cold along with the sausage gravy, the biscuits were dry and crusty, and the doughnuts were half frozen. A couple websites listed that they had a hot tub but there isn't one. The pool was nice and warm but not as big as I expected. I wouldn't suggest staying here unless you are passing through and need a room in a pinch.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. Not worth the price of admission.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clentondj

Know that your voice is of tremendous importance to us. We value your business and thank you for the insight regarding our staff and breakfast. Please do consider us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We did a family trip from Canada to Florida, I made a point of calling down to each hotel on our trip and explaining our situation to them( long drive, arriving late with a small child) I requested a room that was close to the car as I may be carrying a child and we would be leaving early in the morning. This hotel was one of the best when I called, the lady was very nice, she made a note in our reservation and then pointed out that hotwire had booked us a smoking room with a child( I was unaware) she quickly changed this and assured me she would get me a room close to the door. When I arrived around midnight our room was only a few doors from the front desk, it was clean, the beds weren't luxury pillowtops but they were comfortable enough for me. The breakfast had enough to start the day, I can't comment on the sausage biscuits or gravy but enough people in the room were eating them, the price of the hotel was great, I would stay here for my first stop on any road trip south next year if it was a similar price on Hotwire at that time.
The late night clerk was very nice when we arrived as well. He was helpful and got everything done very fast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Guest satisfaction is top priority at our hotel. For that reason we truly appreciate your comments regarding our breakfast and price. We hope to see you again and that you'll truly be impressed with our continued improvements.We hope you'll return someday to see how we are continuously taking our constructive feedback seriously to better serve our guests.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I really enjoyed that our room was right next to the pool. It was warm and I liked swimming in it. I didn't like that housekeeping knocks at 9 am and then the front desk calls at 9:03 and asks if we had checked out yet? Im confused why that was done when check out is not until 11 and maybe putting do not disturb may curb that but idk? I would stay here again because it is nice and breakfast spread is nice variety.

• Stayed: March 2014