“Poor service”

Dining options: Late Night
Wauseon, Ohio
“Poor service”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

With the many restaurant options in Toledo, we don't need a restaurant that tells you one thing about reservations, and then when you get there...refuse to honor what they said. We don't play that game, and walked out. We have other places that we choose to frequent and Smoky Bones is not one of them.

White Plains, New York
“If you love wings and barbeque - this is NOT your place!!!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were seated for an early lunch and as the waitresses relived their Saturday night - we sat and waited. We finally had to ask the hostess if they knew we were there.
My husband ordered the brisket and smoked sausage combo. The brisket was very fatty and sliced paper thin. The sausage was ok - but not tasty.
I ordered garlic and pamsean wings-we waited forever to get them and when they came I asked her if they needed to be dipped because there was no sauce on them. After 10 "Sorry about that's" we ate and left.

We love barbeque and wings - this is not the place to get it. The building is beautiful!!!

• Visited December 2012
Waterville, Ohio
“Hungry? "Bones" is a great place to eat.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Smokey Bones is a friendly, homey place to get a great meal. Their steaks are yummy. The potatoes perfect. Salads to die for....yum, yum. I just can't get on to the other 95% of their menu because I am stuck on their steaks and/or salads. I know that isn't a 100% review...but I can't help it. Whatever I try is so good that I swear I will ALWAYS order than item again and again and again. And sign up for the Bones Club....you'll gain points for a free meal...now who wouldn't like that? Only one thing....no warm rolls. Sniff sniff.

(But go there anyway. You won't be sorry.)

• Visited December 2012
Maumee, Ohio
“FANTASTIC RIBS”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We went there to celebrate a birthday . The ribs were Tender & Tasty, reasonably priced and you get a generous portion. We each ordered a 1/2 rack and had enough to take home for another meal the next day. You can have your choice of there regular ribs which are good too or the glazed. My most favorite is the Brown Sugar glazed. Its not too sweet and has a great flavor. Would highly recommend trying.

• Visited November 2012
Stryker, Ohio
“Good burgers, interesting menu for a BBQ shack”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Most BBQ shacks have brisket, ribs, pulled pork and maybe chicken. Smokey Bones is more of a full menu restaurant with a BBQ theme. There is prime rib, salmon, chicken, burgers, appetizers, and the expected pulled pork, brisket, and ribs.
My choice was a cheddar cheeseburger topped with onion rings and pulled pork, which was quite tasty. There were four different BBQ sauce squeeze bottles on the table, and while each sauce was unique, they were all good. As for the sides, the mashed potatoes and brown gravy were good, the mac-n-cheese was decent, and the baked beans were so-so.
We will certainly be back again to further sample the menu, as there are several other items that look interesting!
As a side note, there were no paper towels, napkin dispensers, finger bowls or wet wipes at the tables, so depending on what you order you may have to wash up occasionally.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Smokey Bones BBQ & Grill? Share your experiences!