“Very Nice!”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Redford, Michigan, United States
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The room was clean, it was a little small for two queen beds and a pull out sofa but we made due. It was hard to see the television when sitting on the sofa because it was too far away. The hallway did have a unique smell but that just could have been from children walking the halls with wet feet coming from the water park. This is definetely a good place to take the kids for a weekend getaway. My kids had a great time. Very reasonable priced also. The hotel is pretty close to restaurants and shopping. The hotel staff was polite, there was a problem with HBO working on our tv we reported it and appearantly it was going on throughout the hotel but never got fixed and we were there for two days. Other than that I dont have any complaints I would go back and would reccommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 5th floor, if you have more than two kids with you I would reccommend sstaying in...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
LInda N,

Thank you for sharing your pleasant experience on Tripadvisor. We appreciate our guests giving us feedback. I was happy to see you had a great time and that we lived up to your expectations.

In regards to the HBO we are constantly working with our TV providers to resolve this issue and should have this problem resolved in the near future.

We hope you stay with us again soon and tell your friends about the service you provided.

Travis Maschino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
NY
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I picked this hotel because of my Platinum Priority Club status. I booked a more expensive room than the basic room. With my platinum status I have always been given an upgrade. In Orlando early in 2012. I was upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. I was told at the desk that there are no rooms available above what you booked. I did change from a king room to 2 queens as it suited my family much better. However, while sitting in my room at 10pm, the hotel's website still showed rooms/suites available that evening. No reason I should not be offered any of these rooms.
The other main issue was the parking lot was an ice-skating rink. My wife and kids had to put their hands on the parked cars as we walked into the main entrance. I mentioned it to the front desk staff. However, the next morning, same icy condition. No precipitation overnight either, so obviously nothing was done.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Mr. JMW2323,

We appreciate your feedback and loyalty to the Holiday Inn family for being a Platinum member. We know you stay with our brands regularly and try our best to accomadate all requests made. Upgrades are based upon availability we try our best to honor them if possible.

In regards to the parking lot, with this being our first snow fall we tried to manage and contain the ice & snow the best we could. We have address the concerns with our vendor in regards to clearing the parking lot to eliminate unconveniences to our guests.

Once again we appreciate your loyalty and hope you will give us another shot. If you have any more concerns or questions please feel free to email me @ tmaschino@fhginc.com.

Travis Maschino

Travelers are raving about these Maumee hotels

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Very clean hotel in a nice location.

The rooms are spacious and nicely laid out. Bathrooms are clean with nice amenities.

Helpful and friendly staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful stay.

I will absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sturgis, Michigan
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was at this location for 4 days and it is well run place. Everyone is very helpful and polite. Going extra mile on service, room was very clean. Did use meeting room for all 4 days and eat breakfast at their Restaurent. Rooms are specious and comfortable bed. Also use fitness center all 4 days. Travis, Mike and rest of team is doing excellent job. This was my business visit but once I checked out Waterpark, decided to return with my 5 yrs. old daughter. Some bad reviews are related to Waterpark and has nothing to do with hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hershey, PA
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Hotel was less than half full and we arrived early at 5:10 pm - they refused to accept the discount coupon. Plus, as priority club member, only got a $5.95 breakfast value whereas most Holiday Inns provide $10 breakfast coupons.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeniorTraveller68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear SeniorTraveller68,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. We apologize you were not fully satisfied with the breakfast you received and any inconvenience caused you during your stay. I have taken note of your comments, these will be forwarded to the proper departments. We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you as this helps us in becoming a better hotel.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Angola, Indiana
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

this was a really nice hotel!
The staff was extremely helpful, my room was clean and had a comfy bed!
Food was not bad there, eithe!
Room service was very attentive! I ordered a sandwich with fries and cole slaw...ended up costing about $15 including the $2 room service fee plus the 18% they added on top of that.

• Stayed September 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I live in Pittsburgh and went here for a winter weekend with some friends just to get away for a while (and eat Del Taco!) Our room was surprisingly nice- definitely the best Holiday Inn experience I have had. The water park was really fun for us (adults) and seemed like a good place for kids too. The slide that goes outside of the building and the outdoor part of the hot tub are pretty cool when it's freezing outside. We will be back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends