I have lived in the area my entire life, and where this hotel was built is an area that has suffered financially no matter what has been built there. We had hopes when Holiday Inn put in this seemingly nice waterpark. But Holiday Inn seems to be shooting themselves in the foot. The Hotel seems decent enough, but if you are focused on the waterpark, chances are you will be highly disapppointed. The waterpark has such limited available hours (EVEN IN THE SUMMER!!!!)it boggles the mind. Only open on Fridays for 5 hours, Saturdays for 11 hours, Sunday for 5 hours. Thats IT! I cannot see this business lasting much longer. I actually hope it goes under so some other company will buy it and have the waterpark open everyday like EVERY OTHER INDOOR WATERPARK within 100 miles of this place. The waterpark is small, true, but better hotel management could make it a great place. More chairs, and an area for adults not swimming would be nice, keeping kids out of the hot tub areas so adults have at least one place to themselves would also be nice. Training the YOUNG lifeguards to actually watch the people in the water as opposed to flirting with each other would be great too. My daughter (7) got stuck inside the tall waterslide and began screaming when no one came to her assistance (lifeguard at top of slide was laughing/talking to another lg who came up to chat I guess)she was so traumatized she refused to go on the waterslides from that point on. The chlorine level is high, but that is the case with indoor waterparks, so we know to bring googles, eyedrops. The cost is too high seeing it is so small, and I would rather spend the exact same amount of money for The Kalahari or Great Wolf or even Holiday Inns Splash Universe 45 minutes away in Dundee MI. They could sure take lessons from the mgmt at Splash Universe, we have been there many times, as well as Kalahari. And please, Holiday Inn Mgmt in Maumee, don't respond to this with your pat answers on how you have instructed your staff to do this or that because it obviously is not working as I see the same complaints over and over again over the past years, and nothing has changed. SELL IT ALREADY!!! You are never open long enough for anyone to enjoy, especially during the summer when people are on vacation!!!! SHEESH!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee is ideally situated in the heart of Maumee. Our hotel is close to Toledo Express Airport and offers convenient access to prominent businesses, as well as popular area attractions since we're just off I-80/90. Business travelers find the Seagate Convention Center, a venue for conventions and entertainment, located just 10 mi from our Toledo area hotel. The Arrowhead Business Park is just over a mile away with over 75 businesses and corporate offices. We offer free, high-speed, wireless Internet access, a state-of-the-art business center and a meeting room which can seat up to 150 people for your business needs. Just five miles from our Toledo area hotel, you can enjoy a thrilling afternoon at the Toledo Zoo or visit Toledo University, home to the Division 1 Toledo Rockets. For a night of entertainment, the Stranahan Theatre is a mile away. Our Maumee hotel near Toledo offers deluxe amenities and stylish rooms. Our restaurant & lounge, Bistro 1705, offers excellent cuisine and kids eat free. There's a well-equipped fitness center. Book your Maumee hotel room today, and take advantage of great Toledo hotel deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites Toledo-Maumee
- Holiday Inn Maumee
- Maumee Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Toledo/Maumee Ohio