All reviews best westerns bus tour pool and hot tub the toilet shower area hotel based a bit cramped recommend this hotel breakfast was delicious enjoyed my stay stopping point rooms are nice bob evans up to date great place to stay off the highway nice area front desk staff
Reviewed August 28, 2018

This is a prime example of a well run business. Staff was very helpful and professional, always asking what they could do to help make my stay the best it could be. The breakfast was above average. Very clean and super comfortable rooms. Highly recommended!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, Manager at Best Western Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Dear Valued Guest - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your visit and your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back again. Sincerely, Best Western Toledo Management Team

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Breakfast was very nice and the attendant was very friendly and helpful. The location was very nice right off the highway and easy to get to downtown Toledo. 15 minutes from mudhen field and 10 from Original Tony Pacos!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Greeley R, Manager at Best Western Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We called the hotel to book a room for 2 nights and the reservation was completely messed up. The man my husband spoke with said we could reserve both nights for $112. It sounded too good to be true so my husband had him confirm the price was a total for the weekend and not per night and the man assured him it was for both nights. It took a while for the confirmation email to come through, but once it did we discovered we were only booked for 1 night at the price we were quoted for 2. When my husband called back to correct the error he was told the man who took the reservation was autistic and made mistakes all the time and that wasn't the rate we'd have to pay. She then proceeded to quote him $75/night and when he agreed to that she then told him she couldn't actually do the $75 rate on the room we had booked.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Joebry, SVP at Best Western Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Kadie, thank you for tour feedback. My sincere apology for the miscommunication from our staff member.

We strive to provide first class service to every guest and I am sorry we did not meet that goal with making your reservation.

We will use your feedback to help us improve our services.

Once again my personal apology for this misunderstanding.

Regards
Joe

Reviewed August 20, 2018

We had multiple problems throughout our group with room availability and reservation correctness. When we went to our room it had yet to be cleaned. The hot tub didn't work. The printer in the business center didn't work. Our room was cleaned the first day then not touched the rest of our stay. Very dissatisfied with our overall experience.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for all the problems you encountered during your stay. I am so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. We will use your feedback to make improvements to our guest experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Checked in on Easter Sunday after a 7 hour car ride. While my wife was checking in my son said "Dad I cant wait for the hot tub" The women checking said the hot tub was not in service. I replied with "Really" She said yes "Sweetie" it is out of order. First off, I do not think it is a good customer service skill calling people "Sweetie" I then told her there was nothing about the hot tub being out on the site we booked on. It was basically a shrug of the shoulders is what I received. Room was clean so was most the hotel. Pool which was open. Was dirty. Paint peeling off of the bottom and sides.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Judy K, General Manager at Best Western Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry for the treatment you received from the front desk. I'm also sorry that the hot tub was down and the pool paint was peeling. We have made repairs. We hope you come back and give us another try.