“Delightful smaller strip mall restaurant.”
Review of Sahara Restaurant

Sahara Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 108 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We wanted close to our hotel, Comfort Suites, and a lighter meal. I had salmon with skewer of vegetables and rice. Very good. Spouse had gyros (half portion, which was plenty) , even better perhaps. Salads are generous. $2 baklava was nice ending. Restaurant was half full by the time we left but the waitress was attentive throughout. We were pleasantly surprised by the decor as strip mall places can be too bare, but Sahara's s inviting. Also, while advertised as Mediterranean, the menu includes American fare as well. The take out business was strong during our visit, a good sign I think.

There are newer reviews for Sahara Restaurant

Reviewed June 2, 2012

My husband and I frequent this restaurant at least twice a month. It is absolutely the best Hommous in town. We find the lunch prices reasonable at about 5 bucks for a sandwich or 7-8 bucks for a lunch. I always have leftovers to take home with me. The waitress "Chris" always puts our order in to the kitchen when we walk in the door.

Dinner is a little pricier than lunch. But then we split dinner. Usually getting for about 17 bucks a dinner that consists of chicken shishkabob, kafta, and shishkabob on a bed of rice with hommous on the side. We find this place to be a hidden little gem.

1  Thank worldtravelerbgc
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The worst middle eastern food I've ever had. I had to flag down a waitress all the time. The plates and glasses were dirty. The waitress didn't know any of the lunch specials. She told us my order included 2 Kafta Kabob's but we received 1 instead with no apology given. She had no idea what she was doing. The food was half uncooked. The bread was dry. Too much skimping (scarse food). We had to wait forever for our food. Overall, a horrible and overpriced lunch.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

This little restaurant on the corner of Dussel and Perrysburg Holland Road makes their own hummus that is the creamiest, tastiest, healthy food around. The best hummus ever. The fatoosh and falafel are awesome too. Staff will greet you by name after a few visits and really get to know what you like. Crystal is a good server and a kind lady. Chuck makes great food. Lunchtime can be busy, but worth it. Rarely a day goes by that I don't have their hummus in my refrigerator.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We went twice to give it a chance, but there is better available in the Toledo area. I liked the decor and the staff was nice.