“Horrible service & food (very dirty)”
Review of Sahara Restaurant

Sahara Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 108 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The worst middle eastern food I've ever had. I had to flag down a waitress all the time. The plates and glasses were dirty. The waitress didn't know any of the lunch specials. She told us my order included 2 Kafta Kabob's but we received 1 instead with no apology given. She had no idea what she was doing. The food was half uncooked. The bread was dry. Too much skimping (scarse food). We had to wait forever for our food. Overall, a horrible and overpriced lunch.

There are newer reviews for Sahara Restaurant

Reviewed January 11, 2012

This little restaurant on the corner of Dussel and Perrysburg Holland Road makes their own hummus that is the creamiest, tastiest, healthy food around. The best hummus ever. The fatoosh and falafel are awesome too. Staff will greet you by name after a few visits and really get to know what you like. Crystal is a good server and a kind lady. Chuck makes great food. Lunchtime can be busy, but worth it. Rarely a day goes by that I don't have their hummus in my refrigerator.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

We went twice to give it a chance, but there is better available in the Toledo area. I liked the decor and the staff was nice.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 6, 2008

I was surprised this restaurant was vacant of diners the night I went. So the service was attentive! The food was ok, nothing to get excited about. They could lay off the salt, though. I hope they stick around; I like to have variety of cuisines to choose from.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook