“Wonderful anniversary dinner”

Mancy's Bluewater Grille
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: DUSSEL/FORD
Houston, Texas
“Wonderful anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a very nice dinner. The atmosphere was nice, a little chatter, but not loud. The waitress was kind and helpful offering good suggestions. I had the Chilean sea bass which was excellent. My wife had lobster tails which were also well prepared. For dessert we had cheesecake which was very rich. Overall we really enjoyed the dinner. It was a little expensive for what it was, but we expected that.

Perrysburg, Ohio
“Best steak ever.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Food was very good and the portions were much larger than expected. Service was great. The dining room was very dark it was hard to see your food. We both got filets and they were very good and perfectly cooked.

Ohio
“Not what we expected!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was not our first visit to Mancy's Bluewater Grille, but it is our last. We started with a Dungess Crab cocktail which was very tasty and very fresh. The bread was also tasty and the salad was average.
My husband and I both ordered seafood dishes. The shrimp was overcooked. Both dishes were supposed to have clams and neither one had even one clam. The waitress asked how everything was before we ate anything and didn't show up again until we were finished. The quality of the food and service was what I would expect in a diner not in a relatively expensive restaurant. I wonder if they had a new chef. The food was a sad departure from our previous experiences.

Marshalltown
“Favorite stop in Ohio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We live in Iowa with family in PA. If we drive, we stop in Maumee overnight because we anticipate eating at Mancy's Bluewater Grille. Living in Iowa, I search for good places for seafood. Mancy's is one of of the best in the midwest for seafood. I only have seafood at Mancy's and have never been disappointed. I ask for the same waiter and have great service.

• Visited June 2013
Ohio City, Ohio
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate at Mancy's Bluewater Grille on a Friday night, arriving around 5:30 pm - prior to the weekend crowd. We were seated immediately. Our waitress was on top of her game - the wine was nice and my husband enjoyed the beer, although the beer selection was not extensive. We shared a Tuna Tar Tar appetizer, which was simply delicious, and contained the perfect mix of tuna, tomatoes, avocado, and spice. We are watching our diets, so we both selected an entree from the grilled menu. I ordered the blackened grilled shrimp, which were very good. My husband ordered the grilled white fish, and he enjoyed his as well. We both received mashed potatoes with leeks as a side and thought it wonderful. The meal was also served with warm bread and softened butter.

We are already planning a return visit for our anniversary. Every aspect of our experience was simply top notch.

There is patio seating, but since it was over 90 degrees outside during our visit, we didn't take advantage of this option. I didn't particularly care to have a closer view of the parking lot, anyway. The dining room did offer curtained off rooms for more intimate, private parties.

• Visited June 2013