“Work Christmas Dinner”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: DUSSEL/FORD
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went for my husbands work Christmas Party. We had a variety of appetizers which everyone shared, then dinner and desserts! It was delicious, the service was great, the atmosphere perfect! The next Christmas party is being planned there

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Overall I think this establishment okay. It is rather expensive for the quality of food. The calamari was okay, perhaps a little over cooked. I have had better lake perch for less than 23.00. The chicken was tasted, but a little on the dry side. The raw oysters were fabulous. The sirloin steak was tender and cooked perfectly. The atmosphere and staff were delightful. But, I have to rate it average due to the expense and 2meals being just okay. It is just not worth a return.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Enjoyed the Delmonico steak that arrived cooked just right. My wife had the shrimp dinner and said it was the best she has had for quite some time. We also just loved the warm bread that was served before our entrees. I would give 5 stars but the dining area was very dark. I used my cell phone light to be able to read the menu. Would definitely go back, but request a seat near the bar area, where its brighter.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I travel to Maumee a couple times a year, and my client always enjoys going here. The staff always takes good care of us.

The Peking-style calamari is a classic, well-executed, and a welcomed change of pace from the traditional Italian preparation. We also started with the raw oyster sampler and they were nice and fresh. I had the crab cake and salad special. The crab cakes were not terrible, but weren'tthe best. They were not short on crab, but certainly lacking in lump meat. The cake itself was a little too heavy, and I found myself tired of eating it (almost became a chore). This is the ony negative comment from my 3 visits in the last 18 months.

Others at the table enjoyed their meals, and I have to admit that the mahi mahi florentine looked especially good. I always feel that the food is well priced and not expensive, though that could be a geographical bias since I live in the metro NYC area. I am always happy to dine here.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have dined here since they opened, maybe once every month or two. My wife has been more disappointed than I with past visits, but with this latest, I am sorry to say it may be a while before we return.

When wee used to go, everything was above average, to excellent. On this last visit, everything was below average. The server was very slow to come around, and slow between visits. My martini was one of the worst I have had. All the food was extremely mediocre (and that is being kind). Unfortunately, on every visit it seems to get worse. and now it is to the point, if we don't start hearing some positives from others that have dined there, we will not be returning.

Been to Mancy's Bluewater Grille? Share your experiences!