Tripadvisor
Maumee

“Always nice to have something like a home-cooked meal”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Order Online
Ranked #11 of 116 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great food, good price. We'll go back.
Restaurant temperature was a bit cool. We even heard other customers complaining. Kept my coat on.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (143)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

I have reviewed this restaurant before but against my better judgment we tried one more time. Big mistake. We ordered on line so that the food would be ready for pick up. This is what was promised:
Order ready at 7:47 PM, TODAY (MONDAY, 1/6/2020)
I waited until almost 8 and was told twice that the order was being put together. At 8:10 it was still being put together. When I inquired with the manager whose name was Buster about what was taking so long I got a snarky nonanswer. He actually asked if I really wanted an answer. Yes, I did. Anyway, the food finally came and I asked for and received my money back. It is a shame that this management is nonresponsive as the chain is usually very good and welcoming. I guess I will have to go a little farther but at least the change should be good and the welcome much warmer. If you want your food late and with an indifferent attitude come here. Otherwise, go to another Cracker Barrel and you will probably fare much better

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed October 21, 2019

I have always enjoyed Cracker Barrel as a chain it is usually good comfort food at a reasonable price. I am used to waiting for a table during busy times. However, when you place a to go order and it states a promised time you expect that to be met. On more than one occasion we have placed a to go order and had to wait, correct wrong items, get missing items, warm up cold food that has not been timed to come out warm at the same time, etc. I can understand once in a while this happening however, at this location it happens more often than not. When I spoke with the manager he did not offer anything as a means of resolving the most recent matter. When I pointed out that I had waited almost 15 minutes past the promised time the manager remarked oh well it has only been about 9 minutes. Never mind I still did not have a complete order ready to go.Finally. I asked and received a gift card to use in the future. I rather doubt I will use it here. So, Cracker Barrel as a chain is good, however this location is not worth the time or trouble to visit. I will visit another Cracker Barrel a little farther from home in order to get an order correct, proper respect for the customer and maybe just maybe my takeout order will be on time.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

After viewing the commercial on tv about their Southern Fried chicken that looked really good we decided to give it a try. We usually don't frequent this establishment but thought we would try it. The chicken was excellent and the portion was huge. We took home enough to make a meal out of it the next day!!!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 7, 2019

The location was ideal, just across the street from our hotel. Overall, the food was good and we received large portions. The only problem we has was the french toast and scrambled eggs were too dry. The customer service was exceptional and we received 2 waitresses for a party of 10.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!