“Recommended by a friend- recommending to all.”
Review of The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot
Ranked #7 of 110 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The pizza is top notch. Just the best. Beer selection is extensive. All the brands, and Oberon on tap. Feels like the big open door welcomes you in. Place your own order at the window, then step up to the bar and get a beer. Simple as that. Stage for entertainment. Chalk board announcing bands and beer tasting. Will return with friends soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I travel all over the US and have tried a lot of pizza. I know everyone has their "idea" of a good pizza, Chicago style , NY, Sicilian, etc.. this is by far one of my favorites. This place is unique as is their pizza.. It is small, nothing fancy and has sort of a free spirit flair.. so if you are coming in and expecting someone to cater to you and entertain you with their service... do not come here.. they are very laid back, but given the chance, can be friendly.. with that said, good things come to those who wait.. i stop in here every time i am in town..cause i love it so much.. the pizza is thin and crispy and comes out steaming hot with a nice portion of toppings and the beer selection is great too. the bands are really
talented.. hey where can you go and get music 7 days a week.. except Super Bowl ... lol.. come on give them a break .. it's practically a national holiday.. no one should have to work!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I first called the "Idiot" to ensure their doors were open as it was a Sunday night, Superbowl Sunday, infact. (I had called several other establishments and they were closed.) The person on the phone could have cared less about my questions as to their hours, and was basically uncaring, if not rude. Since we desired to try something different, we thought we would go ahead and give the pub a try. The atmosphere is that of a small local establishment where everyone knows everyone else and new patrons are welcomed as more of a bother than an asset.

There was nothing that even remotely resembled service. We were told that many of the staff were off for Super Bowl parties, an act that seemed benevolent of the part of the proprietor. Since we were not regulars, getting service at the bar was a near impossiliblty, and there were only 7 patrons bellied up to the bar. After several long minutes, I was able to place my drink order...which was very slow in coming.

I had to go to another "window" to place my pizza order. The counter person seemed too preoccupied, chit chatting with the staff and less concerned with helping us get a pizza ordered. We could not get a price on the pizza until after we ordered it, apparently since individual ingredient pricing varies somewhat. After struggling to clearly indicate what we wanted, the total was $15 for what I would consider a medium sized pizza.

Next came the wait. We waited nearly 30 minutes. After two soft drink refills which also took several minutes to conclude, the pizza arrived to our table; the cook was unable to remember where the 3rd pizza he made during our wait, went!

If there was a surprise in store for us at the "Idiot", it was the pizza. It was delicious. A thin crust with a spralling array of the toppings we ordered. There was no skimping with the toppings. However, the toppings would not stay on the crust when you tried to eat it. That being said, the pizza was amazing. There were three adults in our party and the medium sized pizza was more than adequate to satisfy our evening hunger.

If you are looking for atmoshpere, friendliness, or conversation, then this is NOT the place to go. If you simply want a delicious pizza regardless of service or wait, then be prepared to experience the afforementioned items.

Apparently, they have live music 7nights a week, but because of the unusual nature of it being Super Bowl Sunday, we were not able to experience the "Idiot" with the luxury of a live performance. One thing is for sure, I am in no hurry to return to this establishment for a second "dining experience" though the pizza was incredible!

There must really be a Village Idiot!

4  Thank NoProp