“Terrible, really terrible”

Cuisines: Mexican
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Terrible, really terrible”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Can't really comment on the food as I never actually got my order. My wife's chicken enchilada tasted really nice even though it was for another table. The staff had 3 goes to get the right food on the right tables and still didn't 't get it right.

This is a new restaurant so I guess the staff are still having some teething problems. OK, I get it - sometimes the kitchen makes a mistake. But what I find unforgivable is to have someone from the kitchen blatantly tell me to my face that the food in front of me is the dish I ordered, even though it bore no resemblance to what was on the menu, had different ingredients and items on the plate. I had the waitress go get the menu and even she agreed that what I had was not the dish from the menu. I'm not Mexican but I know food, so don't treat me with such bare faced lies.

I don't blame the waitress - something is seriously wrong with the kitchen

• Visited July 2014

Lost River, WV
“Great experience all the way around”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Easy in and out from a major highway. Colorful without being cheesy décor, great staff and tableside guacamole made to order. The appetizer and salsa bar were fantastic. Their signature drinks were small but powerful and we ate on the outside patio and had a ball. Well priced and nothing outstanding about our server...she was about as pleasant as a rock. No matter! Everything else made up for her.

• Visited June 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Yummy”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I enjoyed a vegan Toastaguac by substituting mushrooms for beef and removing the cheese. My husband had the vegetable fajitas and very much enjoyed them as well. Delicious!

Visited May 2014
Knoxville, TN USA
“Terrible Mexican restaurant!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Honestly, this is the worst Mexican restaurant I've been to! I travel to this area often for business and stay at the Homewood Suites next door, so I thought I'd give this place a try since they basically share parking lots. I regret it! The service was slow, inattentive, and terrible. The "sangria" not only came from a bottle, it was severely watered down. The soda was totally flat, and a simple request for a replacement soda with actual carbonation took a long time (even though it was a Tuesday night and there were more employees than guests). I noticed on the menu that they also charge for refills of chips and salsa. What?!! The food is overpriced for what you get. Taco salad shell was slightly burnt, but other than that the food quality was "okay". I will NOT return.

• Visited December 2013
delta
“no food at lunch”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

went last Tues to the Maumee location. After waiting 50 minutes,we had to leave without our food. We work at a local business,and were on our lunch hour. You'd think they'd want to keep local businesses happy,since we used to frequent their restaurant.Plenty of other places to eat in the area

• Visited October 2013