“Not bad”

Don Juan Bar and Grill
Ranked #44 of 114 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Restaurant was next door to hotel we stayed at. Because of our stay at the hotel we got a discount at the restaurant which was nice. Food was average, atmosphere was nice and the service was good.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was working in the area and passed it on my way to see a customer. After my appointment I passed it again and decided to stop in for lunch, by myself. I sat in a booth in the bar area, thought the atmosphere was very nice.

I ordered one of the lunch specials which included Chile Relleno, a taco, and Guacamole Salad. They brought me two huge plates of food! I think it was $6.75 and more food than I could ever eat at lunch. It was so good! I've been traveling to Mexico since 1994 and this was the best Mexican food I have ever had in the U.S.! If I didn't live 2+ hours away, I would visit frequently.

I initially thought the menu prices were a little high, but after seeing the portion and quality, it was more than worth it! So glad I decided to stop there for lunch!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Try El Camino Real (Toledo) or El Camino Sky (Oregon) instead. The atmosphere at this location leaves a lot to be desired. Portions are smaller, food quality isn't up to the El Camino par, and it is usually so busy you have to wait way too long.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really enjoyed the original El Camino Real in Toledo and thought that they had done a good job when they moved to Maumee. The first few times we went there it was good food and good prices. They have slowly been raising the prices and the last time they charged us adult prices for our kids drinks. I almost wonder if it's because we told them we had a groupon. If I had to go to a mexican joint again I would go to El Vaquero in Perrysburg.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

On arrival it seemed to be a bit busy for a Saturday night but upon entering there was no wait. Service was very prompt and atttentive through the entire meal. Could not have been more than 10 minutes at most before we had our meal at our table once we ordered. Huge portion sizes. My wife ordered a single order of fajittas which would probably feed three people easily. We boxed most of that up to enjoy the next day. Very friendly service, nice atmosphere and will return!

Been to Don Juan Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!