“Nice No-frills lodging”

Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
NW Ohio
“Nice No-frills lodging”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We just needed a roof over our heads and this property was perfect. The room was clean, everything worked. The front desk clerks were very nice and it was very cheap!
The only negatives were the lack of elevators(the upstairs rooms open onto an outdoor balcony) and the ice machine didn't work for us to fill our cooler on the morning, not a big deal though as there is a gas station across the street. It's in a decent location right off the Ohio turnpike. Lots of restaurants, shopping & gas stations choices nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank SpeedDiva
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
We are glad you had the opportunity to experience our hotel and what we have to offer. We hope you will visit us again.

Mike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Aweful!

Arrived at hotel at 11:00pm, felt rushed - rude night manager . Entered the room - extremely musty smell. Decided to endure due to the fact that I needed a place to rest my head for a few hours prior to getting back on the road. People partying all night in parking lot, profanties and aggresive behavior....felt unsafe!! Called management 3 times during the night with no response, they never even picked up the phone!! Partying went till 3am! In the morning I was walking around the room barefoot and stepped into something wet....turned out to be URINE! Notified management who offered a refund...I never received it.... NEVER PROCESSED!!! Overall horrible experience with Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee. DO NOT STAY HERE. Its TERRIBLE!

Room Tip: There is a Redroof in down the road....pay a couple extra $ and stay there instead. Its worth it!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike W
I'm sorry your experience was not what you were expecting. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department heads and will be sure to use this as a training opportunity.

Thanks again,

Miamisburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Pros: Outside looks nice

Cons: Extremely small rooms. Seriously. A bed, a squished chair, small night stand and thats all
the could fit on one side of the room.
No maid service. You make a mess, it'll be there waiting for you to get back.
Not the cleanest place. Some areas were falling apart.
Rooms smell horrible. DO NOT get the smoking room or the ones near it.
No Staff at night. My key died and I was forced to sleep in my truck.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for bringing these shortcomings to our attention. We will be sure to use this as a training opportunity for our staff and make sure they update guests correctly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Ask whether another room is available because you are concerned about noise, being adjacent to the office. Expect to be shouted at.

Ask whether their WiFi is broken (after all, it's worked at every other motel where you've stayed, and works at Tim Horton's just down the street). Again, you will be shouted at.

Sit down to see if you can get better WiFi reception in the office. Shouted at in broken English, cursed at in a foreign language.

Directly approach room service for a towel. Receive a promise they will deliver one. They don't.

For breakfast you can have generic raisin bran or froot loops, blobs of frozen dough labeled "English muffins," runny juice, nasty coffee.

Entering our room, were were conveniently greeted by a tall metal filing cabinet. In the bathroom some previous occupant had scratched the wall as though attempting to claw their way out. The tub was filthy.

The people here have absolutely no sense that they work in the hospitality industry. I stay in hotels of all price ranges and have a reasonable expectation of value at this price point. But I have never received shouty service until now. Avoid unless you have a masochistic streak.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
I'm sorry your experience was not what you were expecting. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department head and will be sure to use this as a training opportunity.
Thanks for your feedback,

Lincoln Park, Michigan
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This is a good place to stay for the price. We paid $52 for a Saturday night stay. The room was quiet, clean (besides the tub), and spacious. There is no real breakfast but that was to be expected for the price. Overall it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thank you so very much for the wonderful review. We are glad you found our location convenient and our staff pleasant. We strive to be the best budget friendly hotel in the area. Hopefully when you are in the area in the future, we will see you again!

New york
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

His is the first time I have stay at America's best value inn. The office peoples were awesome. At the front desk the Steve was so helpful to me. The rooms were great and break fast was good. I will tell my friends about this motel. I will come back again.

Stayed July 2014
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the staff.

Thanks again,

Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were greeted by an unfriendly host, the owner? He acted like we were inconveniencing him when we were checking in. I had asked for specifics when I made the reservation, the host was not going to take those requests into consideration until I pointed them out to him.

Our room was smelly and the bedding looked grimy and had cigarette holes in the bedspread. I went back to the host and requested another room, "your best" I said. He put us into another room, I again requested, "the best room you have." He said he only had a couple of room available with a king bed, and showed me where they were on his room map.

I selected the most private of the two room choices he gave me. It was upstairs. The stairway was littered with trash. The new room wasn't smelly, but the bedding had cigarette burns in it. By the way, these were non-smoking rooms.

We gave up and vowed to not stay in another America's Best Value Inn -- this is our second, and although this place was better than the other location in Battle Creek, that really wasn't saying much, since the first place was really really horrible.

The bed was so hard we couldn't sleep well, it was literally like sleeping on a board. We were sore and aching when we got up. Couldn't get out of this place quick enough!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
maumeemike, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Maumee / Toledo, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I'm sorry your experience wasn't what you were expecting, this is not a typical experience our guests have. Rest assured after your concern was received we addressed these issues to ensure they wouldn't impact another guest.
All our staff takes the comfort of our guests very seriously and we will do everything in our power to ensure a great time while staying with us. We hope you will stop by and see us again and see this is not typical for our property.

Thanks again for your feedback,