“Nice place for the price”

Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed December 20, 2013

It's everything you could hope for in a hotel at that price. It's clean, in a safe location, near a lot of restaurants and expressway, and there's always a stocked muffin basket in the mornings. The part that makes it a step above the rest is the people that work there. Everyone is great at customer service, especially Megyn. Thanks to all that work there, it was a pleasant 16 night stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that our hotel was everything you hoped for and I will let Megan know that her customer service was exceptional during your stay.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Had to come to town because of a unexpected family illness, without a big budget right around the holidays. So I aimed low and checked the prices of traditional low price hotels in the area, they were unwilling to lower prices as the overnight times rose and had no extras for a longer stay.
I went to this hotel and was greeted by Krista, she was warm, kind, and understanding. She was able to get me a great price with AAA, she was able to work with the prices as the days ran on and we got a room with a kitchen......beautiful! ! I was not at hotel to vacation, it exactly fit what it was needed for. Because we were coming and going I found it more convenient to stop at front desk and ask for what I needed rather than paying extra for housekeeping. I saw some negitive reviews and I did not have that experience at all. My spouse is extra sensitive to the cleaning chemicals that most, unfortunately, hotels use and this was one of the only ones in the area that did not use them. Like most places the staff can make or break an experience, the staff was great. Krista and her "twin sister" were always there if needed.
Would not hesitate to stay there again if needed.

Room Tip: Extra days bring down day to day cost....use any extra discount you may have, they will honor....and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Kel - It is so rewarding to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that a family illness brought you to our property, but glad that our hotel provided you with everything that you needed. It is great to know that your room, especially the kitchen, was a great addition to your stay and that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had a non smoking room but the hall smelled like an ash tray. Very nice people. Room decor out dated but love the kitchenette. Fairly priced! Also not to thrilled on how the front door locks and I have to run downstairs to let a family member or friend in if they don't have a room key. I didn't have laundry to do but when I peaked in it was decent looking.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that the hallway smelled like cigarette smoke. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a fairly priced room that had a fully equipped kitchen.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

this hotel is just like your home away from home. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay. Great customer service!!!! they are great!!!!!!!! the bed was very comfortable. it was a huge room. the refrigerator and microwave were very helpful. They made it easy for me to extend my visit for up to 4 days. It was nice break from my apartment while it is being renovated. the bathroom was huge (bigger than my own apartment).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Kym - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled to hear that the customer service we provided to you was so great and that the bed in your room was comfortable. As well, I am glad that you liked your room overall, especially the fully equipped kitchen.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed here in the pass and enjoyed my stay. But this time I was hit with a strong pet oder. It makes me think the hotel is nasty. I most likely would not stay here again. It's a shame because I love the rate, the fact it has a kitchen and the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you found there to be an odor in the hallways throughout our hotel. In response to your feedback, I am working with the staff to deep clean our carpets in the common areas and to revamp our cleaning procedures overall so this is not an issue moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at TLM@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is your typical Extended Stay America with clean rooms and friendly staff. I immediately noticed their free wifi was the slowest of any hotel I have stayed in. Most of these hotels have a speed of .7mbps. It was less than .3mbps here. This was inadequate for even surfing the web, let alone doing the business work I need to do. They tried to explain that it was only good for email. But even then it didn't download attachments. Web pages took forever and most were not even complete. They wanted you to pay to get faster speed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that our free
WiFi was slow for you. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have contacted our WiFi provider to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TLM@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've stayed here 3 years now for 6-8 months each year and it;s my home away from home. They provide the friendliest, most courteous service,and they are always prepared for your arrival, which takes about 2 minutes. Chad, Megan, Brian, Mike and the new girl Cara provide the most excellent stay, they respond to every request with a smile and make your stay much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, especially Chad, Megan, Brian, Mike and Cara. I will definitely share your comments with them.