“Typical Extended Stay except for wifi”

Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is your typical Extended Stay America with clean rooms and friendly staff. I immediately noticed their free wifi was the slowest of any hotel I have stayed in. Most of these hotels have a speed of .7mbps. It was less than .3mbps here. This was inadequate for even surfing the web, let alone doing the business work I need to do. They tried to explain that it was only good for email. But even then it didn't download attachments. Web pages took forever and most were not even complete. They wanted you to pay to get faster speed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am so disappointed that our free
WiFi was slow for you. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have contacted our WiFi provider to ensure your experience is not repeated. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TLM@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I've stayed here 3 years now for 6-8 months each year and it;s my home away from home. They provide the friendliest, most courteous service,and they are always prepared for your arrival, which takes about 2 minutes. Chad, Megan, Brian, Mike and the new girl Cara provide the most excellent stay, they respond to every request with a smile and make your stay much more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff, especially Chad, Megan, Brian, Mike and Cara. I will definitely share your comments with them.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed in Toledo for several weeks while my partner was receiving chemo and radiation. The staff was ALWAYS extremely friendly and helpful and it meant a lot to have a more "homey" atmosphere with a very well stocked kitchenette (especially when he was having trouble eating).Our only complaint was that the doors really need to have a "handicap" access button. I noticed several people (young and old--handicapped and not) struggling with getting the carts in, bringing in luggage, groceries, etc. The staff would always come out and open doors if they saw people having difficulty and weren't busy, but I know they have more to do that that. These buttons should be put on both the entrance door and the door between the lobby and the hall. It doesn't help to have handicapped accessible showers, pool, etc., if people can't get in the front door.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice things about our front desk. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Kitchens in the rooms. Please know that I have passed along your ideas about having a handicap accessible entrance door. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Booked through Priceline on one of the "mystery" hotel options for $35. Rated a 2.5 star so I didn't think I could go wrong for the price. In actuality, I think it was worth about $35.
Wish I would have spent a few extra bucks and bumped to 3 star.
Dislikes: Only smoking rooms available. Breakfast consisted of a muffin and granola bars, hot choc and coffee. Nice 35" TV in room but positioned at a bad angle to see from bed and too far away. A/C struggled to keep room at a comfortable temp and was very noisy throughout the night. Free Internet very slow (upgrades for additional $ available)
Likes: The office staff were very friendly and accommodating. Nice large rooms with many large clean mirrors throughout.
Excellent location and parking.
Bed and pillows very comfortable.
Bottom line here is remember that if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is ...no more "mystery" options for me.
I honestly don't think that these "extended stay" hotels should be grouped with the other hotels on Priceline ...they are not a standard hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. Your comments in regards to our office staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read about the noisy A/C unit and slow WiFi. In response to your feedback, I am going to look into why our free WiFi was so slow and fix the A/C unit in your room.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at TLM@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We go to the Toledo area every year to get a zoo membership and spend a couple days with the kids. Until now, we have spent time in a number of dives. We now found the place we will stay every time we go. With excellent services, easy check-in, great location, convenient parking and a full kitchen this place is a great value for the price. The room was clean, spacious, and the kids thought it was so cool that we cooked a big breakfast right in the room.
I would recommend Extended Stay of Maumee to any family looking for a clean and affordable place to stay for a family getaway, this is it.

Room Tip: Ask about discounts. They offer many. With a full kitchen and grocery store within 2 miles, you can...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family experienced an easy check-in and that our staff provided you with such excellent service. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the kitchen that is included. Cooking breakfast with the family is just one of the reasons why we love having this amenity available to all of our guests!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I wanted to take this opportunity to commend both Meagan and Krista on their hospitality during my recent stay. Both of these ladies were very helpful at my check in and continued to be so throughout my stay. I also comment the room service for my room was very clean upon arrival.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Paul - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about our staff, especially Megan and Krista. I am proud of our team for providing you with excellent guest service. Also, I am glad that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Extended stay deep cleaned our suite before we arrived but but we were in charge during our stay. Consequently our bill was much lower than it would otherwise have been. Each unit has a full working kitchen which meant we were able to do our own cooking and eat healthy food that would have been very exponsive throughout our 7 night stay which resulted in another deep savings. The rooms are very simple but comfortable which is all we require. The internet worked perfectly which is a requirement for us since our trips are usually business trips.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the in-room kitchen. We are so happy that you were able to save money, do your own cooking and eat healthy by having this amenity in your room!