“Disappointed”

Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Poor quality of sheets, towels, bed covers, etc. No decorating in room. Blah. No breakfast like you receive at other hotels of similar "stars". Expensive for what you receive. We all give it a one star rating.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank DebbieVandalia_Ohio
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee

Reviewed March 19, 2010

We travelled to Toledo/Maumee for a Doctor visit at UT Medial Center, which is near-by. This Red Roof was convenient to the Turnpike; a number of restaraunts are nearby. Our room, which was adequate to our needs, featured a King bed with a nice firm mattress. It was clean, functional and quiet. The very friendly front desk person let us know about some discounts which made the stay a bargian - ask over the phone. We visited a local play and got a hotel rate discount. By mentioning Red Roof, we got 10% off of our bill at Brandy's restaraunt. Our stay was very satisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2010

You won't get anything more than a clean room at a cheap price with pleasant staff. No frills, no luxury, but if you're just passing through and you're looking for a cheap, clean, safe room, this is the place for you. Friendly's and other restaurants + gas station nearby. Easy on-off to Route 80. I've stayed here about 20 times on my way between Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. At times I've brought my pet. On the down side: They charge for Internet service.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2010

This inn has been my home away from home for the past three years. Due to the friendly service, convienience of location, and numerous places to eat and shop in the vicinity, I haven't found a need to look elsewhere for accomodations

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2009

The room was really clean and the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2009

The Frickers next door was awesome! Good food, cold beer, lots of sports!

The Red Roof Inn was comfortable and inexpensive!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2009

I was a little hesitant to stay at a Red Roof Inn. I decided to take a chance on the Maumee Red Roof because of the reviews on TA - and I am glad I did. It served our needs (a place to shower and sleep) at a great rate.

We stayed here on as a stopover on a road trip. The location of the hotel was fantastic, literally right at the 80/90 ramp (surprisingly the highway noise was not a problem, we left the fan on low and heard nothing but the hum all night.). The lot was well-lit and we felt safe.

I can't say enough positive things about the person who checked us in: friendly, smiling, yet appropriately low-key (it was 12 am, after all), and very considerate. He made a point of asking twice if I needed a wake up call when I said we were headed out early the next morning.

We found a spot to park near the entrance, and took the stairs up. Gotta say that the stairwell and hallway were not the cleanest or best smelling. But the room was very clean, sheets bright white, towels too. The room itself was very basic. We didn't use the TV. Internet is available for a fee but we didn't need it. It's also a "hot spot" for several carriers. The beds were very firm, which was fine for me, but my 21 yr old daughter found it too firm. The pillows were fine for both of us.

The best thing about this room was the shower. It had a huge shower head with great water pressure. That was really important to me, after a long hot day.

We got breakfast the next morning at a fast-food place just on the other side of the over-pass, and hopped on the interstate.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family