“Go out of your way to sleep here!”

Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My friend and I stopped here after being on the road for twelve hours. We were pleasantly surprised. Very good price--compared to other places in the area, BUT the best part was that it was spic and span and had a mattress on the bed that was better than mine at home. Very very quiet and good hot coffee in the morning. Nice accommodating people. I'd go to Toledo again just to stay at this place for the value.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Judy Mattson, Boston, MA
P.S. We didn't need a fitness center--don't know if they had one--There were many restaurants within walking distance..

Room Tip: Just stayed in one on the second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Thelmalasia
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our new mattresses are great! We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here at the end of July, 2013, the room rates were some of the best in the area, room was clean, staff was friendly, room was quiet, the reason it didn't get a 4 star rating, was the air conditioner had a smell to it, hard to describe, maybe a combination of old stale smoke and dampness, after being in the room for a bit you don't notice it as bad, I believe the ac/heater unit needs a good cleaning. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bret M
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and I will have our maintenance dept pull the a/c and check it out. We have our a/c's professionally cleaned every year. Thank you for letting us know and we hope you will stop in again when you are in the area.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm Visitors from Foreign countries(from japan).
I have always stayed.
Staff were very friendly.clean room.
clean bathroom.prefect.
Best in the hotel in maumee & red roof inn!!!!
I stayed to choose always.(in ohio michigan area)

Room Tip: all room ok!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you enjoy your visit to the US and thank you for choosing our Red Roof for your lodging needs.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here in mid July, 2013 with my mother while traveling from MD to CA. The staff was friendly, the room looked exactly like the pictures (clean, decent, average), and there were no bug problems thankfully. Great place to stop for a night after hours of driving on the road!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you had a good trip to California and hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We canceled our reservations at an expensive hotel so that we could save some money. We only needed a clean place to sleep. The Red Roof in Maumee is a fine choice. The room was tidy and reasonably clean (give or take a stray hair or two). The odor in the room (perhaps a sanitizer or deodorizer) was a bit strong. Because it is located right off the main highway, we found the location quite convenient for our needs. Finally, I have to say that the other people staying in the little Red Roof Inn were incredibly friendly; it's a happy place.
I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have time to go to the Toledo Art Museum, do it. The museum has some art pieces from some of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LauraWashingtonDC
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comforable rooms at a reasonable price and our front desk takes pride in making our guests feel welcome when visiting us. Glad you enjoyed the Toledo Art Museum - we have alot of wonderful things to do in our area - we hope to see you again when you are in the area!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Construction was a bit of a headache to try and get in and out of this hotel, but hopefully that is cleared up soon. Booked on the hotel website and got a two double bed room for a great price. For a one night stay on a long road trip, it was a decent hotel. Meijer a mile down the road was great too (we don't have those in Canada!). Many restaurants around the hotel, but we decided to drive 10 minutes and go to the Granite City Restaurant at Fallen Timbers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jordan H
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! Road construction should be done within 2 weeks and I hope you enjoyed your dinner at Granite City. We have some great deals on our Redroof.com website - thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently drove from New Jersey to Chicago and decided to stop at this hotel about 8 hours into my drive. This hotel was a perfect choice - it was right off the highway and provided me with a great 1-night stay. The person at the front desk had my room ready as soon as I got there, my check-in process took less than a minute. My room was clean and comfy - I had 2 soft beds & a very spacious bathroom. Free parking is always appreciated as well! All in all, a wonderful stay that left me well-rested and ready for the rest of my drive!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks for the great review. The staff and I are happy that you had a good stay with us. We look forward to your return should you be in the Toledo area again. Safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
3 mi away
Radisson at The University of Toledo
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo

Been to Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee? Share your experiences!