“Simple, Pet-Friendly, Convenient Accommodation”

Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Madison, Wisconsin
“Simple, Pet-Friendly, Convenient Accommodation”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Nothing extra or fancy or trendy, but clean, comfortable, functional room right off of 80. Yes, there's no breakfast and you always have to ask to remove the safe fee, but there are plenty of places to get food (including a grocery store a couple blocks south) and anything else you need for a simple, quick stay. As someone who travels often with a pet, it is nice not to be charged extra or assumed my harmless pet will most certainly do damage to the room. Plenty of direct access rooms for those of us with aches and pains or a lot to carry, too. No complaints about the staff, are helpful and polite. Good value.

Room Tip: Request ground floor if you need to avoid stairs, and they will do their best to accommodate you. Be...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank C29F
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our Red Roof on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your review and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return when you are in the Toledo area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Hudson, Michigan
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I stay here every weekend every year during walleye season. I love my stay here the one of the staff members Joe makes our stay very pleasant. The staff is very pleasant. I would most definately recommend this hotel to everyone. It is also very clean as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lucinda, thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. Joe is a real asset to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you next year!
Spokane Valley, Washington
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Great location, friendly staff, great price, that's the only good parts. Entered through a dirty hallway, room was outdated with nothing on the walls, old TV bolted down, peeling wallpaper. Sheets were worn, and when I showered there was hair that wasn't mine. Quickly left in the morning. Drove through on the way back and chose to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank trioba
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are in the process of remodeling with flat screen tvs among other items that we are excited about. I have addressed the bathroom issues and worn sheets with the housekeeping and laundry staff. Please accept our sincerest apologies.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed here for two nights while sightseeing. We received a King room (without asking), which was clean, comfortable and attractive. The desk clerk was friendly and accommodating. The location is convenient, and close to many restaurants.

Now if Red Roof would just start offering a continental breakfast and give up that annoying safe charge (which was promptly removed upon request)....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We hope you enjoyed sightseeing around the Toledo area. We have a lot of things to do in our area and are well known for our museum and the Toledo Zoo. We look forward to your return should you be in the Toledo area again.
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were in Ohio for a wedding. The accomodations were clean, the staff was very helpfull, the price was very reasonable. The shower was great, better than Holiday Inns. I would stay there again. If your heading to Florida on I75 its very convientent to I475

Room Tip: Make sure you read reviews before your stay. I've been stung many times
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We do get a lot of snowbirds that stay with us every year on the way to Florida and back in the summer. We look forward to seeing you again this fall.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Stayed here on 05/14/2013 for one night. Check-in was very efficient. After we were in the room the front desk clerk called to see if the room was satisfactory. We asked for 2 more bath towels which were promptly delivered. 2nd Floor rooms have interior hallways which we requested and received. This property is located right off the Ohio Tnpk. exit 59. The room was clean and odor free. The bed was very comfortable. We were in a King room with a microwave and refrigerator. The computer work station was great. There was plenty of light and 3 outlets. The computer chair was as comfortable as any hotel computer chair I have used (including Marriott and Hilton).
The only downside I had was lack of a flat screen TV, but I understand all rooms will have flat screens by June. For the price paid this location of Red Roof Inn is an excellent value. I would stay there again when I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean, comfortable rooms for all of our guests. We look forward to your return should you be in the Maumee area again!
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this property thursday night, 5/16/2013 thru sunday, 05/19/2013.

This was just plain good value for money. The property is older, but well maintained. There were old bleached stains in the hallway carpet, yet the carpet was clean. I'm OK with that. During my stay, the old "glass tube" tv was replaced by a large flat screen TV. That swap out was so planned, that I was informed at check in, that the switch would be happening during my stay. Very efficient and informative, so I knew exactly what would be happening and was not surprised.

I stayed in a superior king room (room 235) in the second building. The fridge was cold, the coffee maker had enough for two cups, the linens were fresh and clean, and the room was odor free. I would say the property was about 50-75% full various nights. But, I heard zero noises.

The front desk staff both at check in and check out were pleasant, cheerful and highly efficient. I was checked in, in less than 5 minutes, and checked out in less than 2 minutes. I'm sorry I didn't get their names, but both gentlemen rate 100% for superior customer service.

So, in summary, I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend this property to others. I had other family members stay at the Wingate in downtown Sylvania for more than double the cost, with a fraction of the value.

Yes, the property is older. Being right next to the turnpike, I imagine there is a high single night turn over rate. Yet, the property is well maintained, very clean, highly efficient and a superb value.

As a Red Roof Inn Redicard member, I seek out Red Roof Inn locations as my preferred property. With this stay, I would say this is one of the better locations where it counts.... In customer service and value.

By the way, as a dog owner, I was amused by all the canine guests. I did not have any pets with me, but observed quite a number of well behaved canine guests. I was quite amused watching them as they sniffed around the parking lots. Kudos to the well behaved owners for such well behaved citizens and for keeping the public areas cleaned. Well done.

If you want Chocolates on your pillow and turn down service, please don't stay here. You're looking for the wrong property. If you're looking for a clean, decent, pleasant place with excellent customer service and excellent value, please seek out this property.

Room Tip: Second floor has inside hallways.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
i0046, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for writing a review and for the kind words about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your return should you be in the Toledo area again.