Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanno frillsrooms are smalloff the highwayantique mallfit the billa king size bedtoledo maumeelong drivegreat ratefront desk clerkparking lotconvenient locationone night staycookiesnight's sleepmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed here overnight while seeing a comedian at the Stranahan Theater. It is located right off the turnpike and close to the highways. It was pretty clean, good condition, with little noise. It is also close to (even within walking distance) to some restaurants a Speedway. Our only complaint was dead remote control batteries and/or a weak signal. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nessyrae
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This is an excellent Red Roof Inn! We have stayed at the RRI in Toledo, near the university, and found the rooms a bit dirty and smelling of cigarette smoke. Our room in Maumee was very clean and quiet. The king sized bed was comfortable enough, but had a bit less support than I prefer. We had excellent service. The night manager was very pleasant and accommodating to our request to use the employee freezer for storage of an ice pack. This inn also has a lenient pet policy -- there were no additional fees for our two medium-sized dogs. The location is safe enough -- it is near the OH turnpike entrance ramp and a large antique mall is located behind it. We were happy with our stay and plan to stay again on our next journey on the Ohio turnpike.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed here for one night. The lady at the front desk was wonderful, but the building itself is just a tiny bit run-down. That being said, my room was comfortable and quiet and the price was reasonable. I think if the management upgraded the appearance of the public areas the hotel would easily rate 4/5 or 5/5.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The hotel is right off the Ohio 80 Turnpike, so it is conveniently located, depending on where you're going.

I was hesitant because I read some VERY negative reviews about its cleanliness and quietness, but since I was coming into town on short notice for a funeral, I had few alternatives and just didn't really care where I was going at the time I made the reservation. When I arrived, the hotel was VERY clean and quiet. It appears professionally managed and maintained. At $45 a night, I had nothing to complain about the property. Food and shopping are blocks away. There are a BBQ joint and an interesting antique mall right next door.

My only complaint about the property was that I was charged twice and no one really seemed to care. They just came saying "it will drop off". It did, but the end result was a completely unnecessary stress during an already stressful time. I called to say I was going to arrive late. The man I spoke with did not write that down so when the next shift came in, he charged my card the full reservation price as a no show/no cancel for the entire length of my stay rather than the 1st night as most hotels do. When I arrived, I was checked in normally and was charged again.

By the time I checked out, the duplicate charges had dropped off. The hotel's written statements that you're not charged until you check out is not accurate. I was charged upon check-in. They say it was a hold, but the end effect is the same....the money is pulled from your account until it drops off. After paying for last minute airfare, car rental and hotel, I was almost 2,000 miles from home and not sure I'd have enough cash to cover any more expenses while I waited for the hotel to correct it's error.

Overall, I'd still recommend this place as a cheap, CLEAN, decent hotel off the turnpike.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have fridges, so don't bother paying extra for the upgraded room unless you want the microwave.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 15, 2011

First time I stayed here last month was due to another motel I had reservations at that could not accomadate us when we arrived due to handicap access. went up the street to Red Roof Inn they were so helpful and were able to accomidate our needs. Very pleasant front desk staff. I was so grateful. Heck the other place still charge my card. So when I had to return to Maumeethis weekend I knew I could depend on and very clean room , no bugs, everything in working order. The season for my venues is coming to an end soon, but I will be back at it as soon as it begins again. I KNOW where I will be staying from now on.

Room Tip: Always always ask when reserveing room what floor you will be on and or if you need room on first floor !!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends