“Good Value”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Good Value”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We never stay at Red Roof but gave this a try because of all the positive reviews.
Beds weren't great but room was clean, hotel staff very friendly and accommodating, location convenient to many restaurants. No extra charge for my 2 dogs! Grounds maintained nicely.

Room Tip: Check one of the Hotel Discount books in the highway rest areas for a coupon.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2011

The service was friendly and prompt The coffee was great!!!
The rooms were clean and cool when we arrived in 100 degree weather My black lab was welcomed without any extra charges. The location is right off I80 so it is so easy to find. The entire staff was warm and friendly. I stayed there on my way out to MI from PA and on my way back to PA. The place is simple in amenities but you can ask for anything if it is not in the room. I think it should have a higher star rating then it shows on some sites. I had the senior rate that can't be beat! Thanks to the entire staff at Red Roof for a nice stay in a clean and comfortable room (which had a microwave and fridge too!!)

Reviewed July 24, 2011

The title sums it up. Small rooms but good enough. Food options around include some chains and local "chain like" places.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Anaplusjeff
Harrison, Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Please don't let the outdated/slightly shabby outside deter you from staying. The outside needs sprucing up. The rooms need improvement also, new paint, brighter colored accents, etc. The main concern for me is cleanliness and this room was VERY CLEAN and I felt comfortable staying there without hesitation. It is walking distance to restaurants, easy off, easy on turnpike. I didn't meet any of the housekeeping staff but they do a marvelous job and I commend them for that. The two desk staff people I came into contact with were friendly and pleasant and appeared to care about my comfort. I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before but would try another one and would definitely stay at this one again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Minneapolis
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This Red Roof is clean and checkin was quick and easy. The beds were adequate. The area around the hotel is a bit depressing but not unsafe. I wouldn't stay here for long, but it is a quick jump off the Ohio Turnpike. Not a great hotel, but definitely sufficient for a short stay.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Have stayed here more than a few times, and it's by far my preferred lodging when I'm in town on business. Red Roof Inns can be hit or miss depending on location (like all hotel chains) but you can't go wrong with the Maumee location. The staff is always pleasant and ready to help -- I usually show up before the 1p check-in, and they've always had my room ready. (In fairness, 1p is the check-in time, so if you'll be staying here, that's when you should expect your room to be available -- not before.)

Maumee is a nice little town, and up the street are two of my favorite places to eat -- Donato's Pizza and Tropical Smoothie Cafe (my favorite). Next door is Jed's Barbeque; I haven't eaten there yet, but will be doing so as the aroma is enticing.

All in all, clean simple rooms (that's all I need for an overnight stay), friendly staff, nice area, reasonable rates -- book early for even better deals, use AAA, and sign up for Redicard.

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Have been looking for an affordable pet friendly hotel in the Toledo area for quite a while. Finally found the one we will come back to!! The furniture wasn't new, but all the bedding was marvelous, and the bathrooms too. There are two buildings, so we had no problem getting a ground floor room to make it easy to get our short, stout dog in and out. The office staff and cleaning staff we met were great. There are lots of restaurants in the area, and even a Meijer just two blocks down Reynolds road. BONUS was that the hotel sits in front of Maumee Antique Mall. The place is HUGE. We spend over 3 hours in there and didn't get to see it all. We are already planning our next trip back to Toledo!!