“Great rates with friendly staff and good accomodations.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
“Great rates with friendly staff and good accomodations.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Have stayed here more than a few times, and it's by far my preferred lodging when I'm in town on business. Red Roof Inns can be hit or miss depending on location (like all hotel chains) but you can't go wrong with the Maumee location. The staff is always pleasant and ready to help -- I usually show up before the 1p check-in, and they've always had my room ready. (In fairness, 1p is the check-in time, so if you'll be staying here, that's when you should expect your room to be available -- not before.)

Maumee is a nice little town, and up the street are two of my favorite places to eat -- Donato's Pizza and Tropical Smoothie Cafe (my favorite). Next door is Jed's Barbeque; I haven't eaten there yet, but will be doing so as the aroma is enticing.

All in all, clean simple rooms (that's all I need for an overnight stay), friendly staff, nice area, reasonable rates -- book early for even better deals, use AAA, and sign up for Redicard.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Have been looking for an affordable pet friendly hotel in the Toledo area for quite a while. Finally found the one we will come back to!! The furniture wasn't new, but all the bedding was marvelous, and the bathrooms too. There are two buildings, so we had no problem getting a ground floor room to make it easy to get our short, stout dog in and out. The office staff and cleaning staff we met were great. There are lots of restaurants in the area, and even a Meijer just two blocks down Reynolds road. BONUS was that the hotel sits in front of Maumee Antique Mall. The place is HUGE. We spend over 3 hours in there and didn't get to see it all. We are already planning our next trip back to Toledo!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kutztown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I spent my last vacation at three different Red Roof motels, and all three were so clean, including the one in Maumee. I did stay at a competitor the last night out because there were no Red Roofs for miles around where we were in PA. I wish that there were more Red Roofs in PA. I always choose Red Roof if there is one available because I know that I can count on them to provide a clean room and bathroom with fresh, pristine towels. Also, the service is friendly, and the front desk staff is always helpful Thanks, Red Roof, for providing such nice motels for travelers at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
LECLAIRE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

The rooms at the Red Roof Inn in Maumee are large and spacious, and although not a "luxury hotel", my recent stay was more than comfortable. Staff was great, no fee for my well-mannered little dog and it was quiet and safe I brought my own coffee pot, had a refrigerator and microwave and everything was as promised. The Wi-Fi worked perfectly in my room, and the outside corridors are perfect for moving items from car to room. No pool, but restaurants and shopping nearby.

Room Tip: Walk-In showers available in Handicapped Rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Great value. Everything as expected. Terrific budget hotel. Pet stayed free. I loved parking right outside the room door. Quiet and we slept well. Staff was very nice and friendly to our dog too. We were only passing through so just used the standard room. Coffee from the lobby was pretty good too.
As with other Redroof Inns, be sure they take off the $1.50 safe charge at check-out if you don't use it. The charge was mentioned by the desk clerk at check-out, so it was easy not to forget to have it taken off.

Room Tip: Request lower level if you have lot of luggage.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

We booked this online from the road, using TripAdvisor and prices as a guide. Just needed a place to stay for the night during our journey. Fantastically warm welcome from staff. Clean room. Restaurant/bar just a few steps from the hotel. Easy on/off from the highway. More than I expected from a Red Roof Inn, and if I was in the Toledo area again needing a hotel, I'd confidently go back to this one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2010

I have stayed here before and have never had a bad experience. I always find the staff friendly, and helpful. The rooms are taken care of here at this location and the cleanliness is always in order. These things are very important.
I was however, very disappointed that when I checked into the hotel at 4 in the morning that the room I had been given did not have any heating left on in the room. Ouch it was in the 20's outside and the heat was completely off. The room took forever to warm up as the rooms at this location are quite large. I understand trying to maintain costs and to save energy but to not leave the heat on to at least maintain the 60's , is a little much.
Would I stay here again, YES, would I call ahead and make sure that someone turns on the heat, YES! All in all it was a good stay just took forever for the warmth to come to the room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo