“Fantastic service and great value”

Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
“Fantastic service and great value”
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We booked this online from the road, using TripAdvisor and prices as a guide. Just needed a place to stay for the night during our journey. Fantastically warm welcome from staff. Clean room. Restaurant/bar just a few steps from the hotel. Easy on/off from the highway. More than I expected from a Red Roof Inn, and if I was in the Toledo area again needing a hotel, I'd confidently go back to this one.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Connecticut
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I have stayed here before and have never had a bad experience. I always find the staff friendly, and helpful. The rooms are taken care of here at this location and the cleanliness is always in order. These things are very important.
I was however, very disappointed that when I checked into the hotel at 4 in the morning that the room I had been given did not have any heating left on in the room. Ouch it was in the 20's outside and the heat was completely off. The room took forever to warm up as the rooms at this location are quite large. I understand trying to maintain costs and to save energy but to not leave the heat on to at least maintain the 60's , is a little much.
Would I stay here again, YES, would I call ahead and make sure that someone turns on the heat, YES! All in all it was a good stay just took forever for the warmth to come to the room.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My husband and I like to explore little towns; we found interesting restaurants, historical sites, and live music as well as karaoke right downtown.

Part of what made our stay so pleasant was the clean, attractive room and the friendly staff, who let us know that our opinion makes a difference to them.

This weekend started as a business trip because my husband couldn't make it home and I drove to meet him, but it quickly took on tones of leisure, and Maumee is a little town we'll make a destination another time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I read the reviews prior to booking, and was pleased to find my #1 criteria - cleanliness - was met. To me, this was exactly what I expected for the price. It was right off of the interstate I-80/I-90, along with a group of other hotels (Best Value Inn, Budget Inn, Holiday Inn, Choice, etc.). It is right next to a gas station, and within a few blocks are a grocery store, restaurants, and stores. This is a fine stop on a long trip. The area felt very safe and the parking lot is well lit.

The room and bedding was spotless and soft, along with the bathroom. Mattress comfy. The carpet was very clean. There was even a table for those who like one. I was impressed by how clean and nicely kept the room was. The room did have a slightly stale smell when I first entered, but it was not very noticeable and didn’t bother me once I was in the room. They had the room cool when I arrived which was nice. It was very quiet, even though during July 4th weekend.

The front desk man was extremely nice. He had reserved a second floor room for me and asked if that was okay. As a single woman traveler, I was glad to stay on the second floor (the ground floor rooms go directly outside), but would have liked if the hallway could only be accessed by a keycard. I don’t think that would be a very costly change for the hotel to make. The room did have a deadbolt and another lock, so that was fine.

There were ice machine/vending but no breakfast. The wireless internet was free and worked quickly. Great deal for long overnight.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 19, 2010

Me and my brothers were traveling across the country on a road trip and being from Texas were used to southern hospitality. However, when our car broke down we became stranded in Maumee. Danielle at Red Roof was unbelievably accomodating to our situation and not only let us check in early but even helped us out financially. I would highly recommend this hotel. In our entire month of road tripping we havent come across a better deal.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed May 23, 2010

I have used this facility several times annually for the past 15 years and the quality of service, friendliness and helpfulness of staff has never been less than excellent. For value, safety, comfort and cleanliness, they are consistently tops. And the free long distance telephone calls and wireless internet are an additional plus.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 23, 2010

The staff at the Red Roof were great. They were very friendly and knowledgeable about the area (and easy on the eyes, if you get what I mean). I asked about somewhere to eat, and the pointed out two great restaurants that were in walking distance. Also, I had a minor problem in my room. I called the front desk, and within 5 minutes maintenance was at my door. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and there was a refrigerator and microwave in my room, to boot. The hotel itself is right next to the turnpike exit, so it was very easy to find, yet surprisingly quiet. I wasn't bothered by any noise all night. The girl at the front desk asked if I had Triple A, and I received a discount on my room, so it was also a great value. I cannot recommend the Red Roof in Maumee enough.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business