WINNER WONDERLAND

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
“Great place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip. Very pleased. Room was really nice, clean, comfy bed. Pool and hot tub area looked nice although we didn't use it. Breakfast the next morning was convenient. Will definitely stay again next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

For the price, this is a good deal. As I sit here I can hear my neighbor's every move though... The service was decent, but didn't feel all that welcoming when we checked in. There was a used washcloth laying on the shower curtain too, at least it wasn't folded nicely and who would put a washcloth on the shower curtain???

Room Tip: The A/C will block out any neighbor noise.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ToledoCIS_GM, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. If you would like to personally discuss your recent experience, please feel free to call me directly at (419) 893-8576. I appreciate your business, and hope to have another opportunity to host you.

Kristin D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

They have a very nice staff. Hotel is clean overall. They should improve their free breakfast. It reminded me of airline food and would not be worth paying for. It's a fair value and was pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ToledoCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind words regarding our staff and hotel. Your feedback helps us to fine tune our operations. I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on upgrading our breakfast to offer our guests a better selection and value. Please allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit to Toledo.

Valerie F
Manager
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times for work and have had an excellent experience each time. The staff are friendly and accommodating and did their best to make my stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms have been clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. There are freshly baked cookies in the lobby throughout the day, and the complimentary breakfast is always tasty. There are several good restaurants within walking distance, from fast food to more upscale dining. My only complaint is that the fitness center is a little sparse - one elliptical, two treadmills, and some lower-weight dumbbells - but it's fine for a short stay. This hotel is a great value for the cost!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fremont, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here as a one night get a way. It was a nice hotel that was pretty clean. The room we had a king bed set a part by french doors. The first section had a pull out couch. It was a little hard to find the driveway so unless you know the area, you might get a little confused at first on how to get back there. My boys did find a centipede in the pullout couch (GROSS!) but it was clean and I just killed one of those suckers in my own bathroom so I can't complain. Bugs are everywhere. The cable company was not working but the hotel staff tried to get it up and running.
That was not a huge deal to us as they had a pool and we were there to swim and rest. We had a good time, the pool to ourselves and the little basket of tootsie rolls, my kids loved. We would stay there again.

Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. It wasn't the most spacious room we've stayed in, but it was very clean and the bathroom was spotless. It was very quiet and the beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was disappointing, though. No eggs the morning we were there, and some of the choices were gone and not replenished during the time we were in the dining area. We've had better at other hotels recently. There are a couple of restaurants across the street that would have been a better choice.

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked a room for one night. Upon arrival I was told I had 1 bed and it was a handicap room. I booked a regular room with two beds. I wasn't traveling alone so we requested a rollaway - they didn't have any and the hotel was fully booked so we were stuck with this room. It is located right next to the pool on the first floor so there was a lot of traffic and noise all hours of the night right outside the room. They also had me with a Government rate which would not apply to us. I was basically told that I was getting a huge discount so get over it. I would have paid the additional $20 extra for 2 beds and a shower at the Marriott next door.

The breakfast wasn't very good but the woman working it was very helpful and friendly. The biscuits were dry and they served chicken patties which I found odd.

On a positive note, the room was clean and the location was very good.

This was my first, and last time staying at a Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ToledoCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely lacked when it came to accommodating our guest needs. I have reviewed with my staff all of your comments and concerns and how important it is to go above and beyond to assist our guest. . In addition, we are re-evaluating our reservation process, and going over our breakfast inventory to see if we can make better selections. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Country Inn & Suites was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.