“Not the best”

La Fiesta
Ranked #4 of 108 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We all decided we wanted Mexican I read reviews on trip advisor and thought we would try it. Service was quick they brought us chips and salsa and drinks right away. I ordered the quesadillas supreme when it came it was cold . I asked them to send it back. They did and brought it back very hot . But it was not pleasant to look at . They put lettuce over the top of everything . As far as flavor it lacked any flavor . My Juana's dinner looked like it had been sitting out for days the shrimp was so over cooked and his skirt stake was as dry as a bone. The kids each got a soft taco they use a white cheese that's was in clumps that had jelled together . Needless to say they didn't eat. The only thing good at our dinner were the chips and my beer. I have had better Mexican food at Taco Bell . I have had really good Mexican food living in California for awhile. This was bad.

There are newer reviews for La Fiesta

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were on a long road trip and tired of fast food. This restaurant had a good review on tripadvisor and good freeway access. We told the server we were in a bit of a hurry and our food arrived within 5 minutes. The food was great and the service even better.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

The only reason I did not give La Fiesta 5 stars is because this is just a Mexican restaurant, not Ruth's Chris. Anyway, La Fiesta is one of the best Mexican places I have been to in a long time. It's clean (even the bathrooms), salsa is fresh and chunky (not the cheap watery stuff), and they have several combo meals with Tamales (my favorite). Our server was very nice and prompt, and everyone greeted my wife an I, making us feel very welcomed. La Fiesta is worth regular visits. A 5 star Mexican Restaurant for SURE!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place opened up not far from our house in the past year. Our first visit was upon the recommendation of our daughter who told us we would love it! And we do! It took us a bit to get there as the Toledo area has a dearth of Mexican eateries. Many run by the same family, just different names and locations. We also have the chain Mexican places. La Fiesta however is a one of a kind. Delicious food. Not just your average tacos, tostadas, enchiladas...those are available but oh, so much more. Our last visit we took advantage of the nightly special and I got the fajita rice bowl topped with queso sauce with extra cilantro and a side of hot, soft, corn tortillas for me thank you. Extremely tasty. Husband always gets the same thing he loves it so much...the chicken nachos supreme. Chicken for both of us. I have also ordered the backyard chicken......tons of vegetables, zucchini too! Nicely chopped up chicken in all the dishes. Tamales are good, hard to find good tamales around this area but La Fiesta does them very well.

Service has been the best every time but once. He was a young, frat type guy more involved with acting the part than doing the part. They also had a big private party to contend with in the side room. Many times we will get several wait staff members asking us if we need anything. Even the owner stops to ck on you. Anyone who stops by will pick up a dirty dish, get you a carryout container or bring you a fresh cervaza! Margies are ok, not knock your socks off...a bit sweet for me but I cut it with adding extra limes. A good choice of beers, cold from the bar, is great with the hot spicy jalapenos. Definitely get the guacomole....fresh, cold, huge pieces of avocado, tomatoes, spices, lime.....outstanding.

It is usually walk in and sit down as it is fairly good size. But as more and more people are finding it the place is filling up on the weekends by 7 pm. Bar seating and high top tables at the bar might be ready when you walk in.

We have been there once a month for the past several months...it is close to home, fairly inexpensive for the great quality you get AND the good service don't forget. Unusual dishes with lots of fresh vegetables, not overcooked is what brings me back.

Not a bar scene type of place so do not go there for pickups but definitely go with friends to share great Mexican food with a distinct difference.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great Service and better Fajitas then I can usually find in my home town of Dallas TX. My wife and I shared a combo Fajita dinner of Beef, Chicken & Shrimp. Huge portion even for two and great flavor. Super service for a chain restaurant on a busy Friday Night.