“Delicious and entertaining.”

Deet's BBQ
Ranked #12 of 113 Restaurants in Maumee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for something near our hotel on a stop on a long trip and came across Deet's. Reminded me of a place in Madison, WI (home) where they really seem to do more take out and events than done-in, so it was small, but clean and cozy. On a Monday night there were a couple of guys playing live music. The girl at the counter was great. Very friendly and talkative without being over bearing. Food order was correct and delicious. Even with a few picky eaters, the choice of a few sauces (or none) worked well for us. One "warning".... If you're a wimp like me for spicy things, watch out for the hotter BBQ sauce. It's good, but the heat creeps up on you after a while. :-)

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I moved up to Toledo from Tennessee, and have been making a bbq pilgrimage to find the best q in the area. Most of the places I have gone to are either purveyors of carolina bubbaque crap, or just roast a pork roast, pull it, and drown it in commercial sauce. Deet's is the best so far (albeit I have several others to try). Not really a specific genre of bbq (carolina, memphis, st. louis, etc). Definitely a must do if you are a bbq fan and are in The Glass City.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Walked in and ordered dinner for our family. Right from the start it felt like the girl at the counter had someplace else to be and when she couldn't get it right, the guy from the back was just as disengaging and snotty. I ordered extra sauce as recommended in the reviews but did not get it. The pork sandwich was, at best, terrible and ribs were so dried out they weren't edible. $30 is way over priced for even good food, let alone the trash that was served at this dump

1  Thank Tomlikesfood
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This small business is still going strong during tough times in NW Ohio, and it's in no small part due to the hard work of the Deet family. Their BBQ can't be beaten! Their meats' smoky flavor stands alone, and with the optional sweet or spicy (or a combo of those) sauce, it's even more delicious!
They offer a wide variety of side dishes, made on site, and even the applesauce is homemade.
The $8 combo is a great pricey cater events as well.!

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I Had been trying to get to the restaurant for a while. I had seen reviews and the awards and knew I just had to get there. Well maybe I should have just missed it. My husband and I decided to go there for kinda a litle get away. They have a combo that included a 1/2 pound pulled pork sandwich a side and a drink for just 7.50 wow what a deal! Wow what a disappointment! My husband went for the chips. I got the coleslaw. They have a choice of sauces a sweet one and a hot one which are right there so you can try them. As a matter of fact there are bottles every where in the restaurant. The girl at the counter suggested that we mix the two together for the best flavor. She was very nice and the service was very quick our food came very fast. The bun on the sandwich was huge but maybe they had to spread that half pound of meat around to make up for the huge bun because it wasn't very much meat on it. The sauce was on the side so the meat was completly dry which was not what I expected. the little cups of sauce they give you are not enough to cover the bun let alone the meat. Even for me since I was mixing the sauces and got some to mix. I got the slaw nothing to write home about I tried putting the slaw on the sandwich so it wouldnt be so dry. When we got the drinks they had a sweet tea which wasn't very sweet but I like mine really sweet like Mc D's. They also had Pepsi products fountain drinks The meals were not very filling. Maybe we should have tried the ribs instead. Neither my husband or I were impressed but we both said we would give it another try someday in the future. Way in the future

Been to Deet's BBQ? Share your experiences!