“Great location off l-80. Rooms very nice.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel is close to I-80 and the room was very nice. The bed was very comfortable. Front desk ladies were very personable . Breakfast was nice...eggs, waffles, even had some Timbits from Tim Hourtons. The price was very very good.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Draperyman
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Cost-We are AAA members. It saved us about $5. I thought it was excellent for the area and what you get. Large room, indoor pool, free wifi, refrigerator, microwave and hot breakfast. Our room was a king bedroom suite. It had a pull out sofa that was perfect for my son.

Amenities- Indoor pool was nice and warm and the hot tub was awesome. Breakfast was good. The orange juice and apple juice tasted funny and the biscuits were stale on our second day. Makes me think that they were left over form the day before. I hope the staff considers putting a microwave out in the lobby area for breakfast. It would be a nice touch. We did have a refrigerator and microwave in our room. That was nice.

Parking-More than adequate and appears safe. In other words, we had no problems.

Location- Very good. Close to turnpike and other expressways. Near Meijer and plenty of places to eat. Also, there seemed to be a sports park nearby with a splash area for kids.

Appearance-Here's where I had most of my issues with this place. Overall, it was a very nice place. However, when I walked in I immediately noticed how dark the lobby was and there was a very musty smell. The smell got worse as I got in the elevator. The next day, the smell was better. The grout between the tile needs a serious cleaning. There are areas of it that show that it used to be grey, but now it is black! The thing that really bothered me about the main lobby was the college banners. They looked cheap and then to hang them on the wall with push pins, really? Buy nicer banners and hang them appropriately or, better yet, hang some nice pictures. When I got to my room, I immediately noticed that all of the door signs and all the non-smoking signs had been put up by drilling a bunch of drywall screws through them so that they were all cracked and ugly. What a shame. If you are going to do that, then do it right! Buy the right screws and make it look good. Horrible. The bathroom had a couple of issues, but was clean.

My issues with the bathroom-The fan and light were on the same switch. So, I couldn't leave the bathroom light on for my son at night without keeping him awake. Second, the wallpaper was put up in the same haphazard fashion as the door numbers. If you are going to go to the trouble of putting up wallpaper, then do it right. Make sure the patterns line up. The room was huge! Nicely decorated, except that the drapes did not match the decor. Again, another one of those things that is a corner cutter. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! You can never go wrong with making your place look nice.

The Bed-I thought the bed was great. I slept like a baby both nights. Very comfortable. My wife thought it was a little stiff. What a shock that we don't agree. ;-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Barry N
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I got ran off the highway in a snowstorm and by chance just happened to see a Comfort Inn sign, so i called up for reservations and just pulled in. I've been by this place 100's of times but never new what i was missing. This hotel comes with all the amenities hot tub and pool both indoors, the rooms are immaculate with decent cable. Actually the whole place is new and the price was excellent. And theres a great place to eat "Saba's" right next door.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JamesSteven42354
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We rented a room for 2 nights on New Years Eve and New Years Day. If you seriously think everyone is going to be quiet on NYE you are crazy. We had a few friends come over and celebrated for only 30-45 Min. As we swam before the front desk asked why we needed so many towels and asked what room we were in. The next morning after room service came, they changed our room key. As we went to the front desk they asked us again how many people were with us because the room was to dirty for only 4 people. To the Housekeepers there.. cleaning is your job. Its in your job title, don't complain because theres a mess. The lady that worked at the front office on New Years day was actually the nicest person there the whole visit. Top Kudos to her!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Took the family on a get away after the holidays! I must say I would definately stay here again! Pool was like bathwater! Kids loved it! Breakfast was not just coffee and donuts. It was MUCH more! 5 stars!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Chrystal P
Reviewed December 29, 2012

rented two double rooms. was a overnight stay of about 7 hours. hotel was very exceptable in price and amenities. was satisfied, would stay their again. we did not eat breakfest their, went to tim hortons and waffle house.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank scooby-BTR
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Everything was great, staff changed rooms to two beds without hassle, maid left purse that was left in the room with the hotel staff at front desk without problem, Only negative was the gym - only a few items of cardio equipt and at least one did not work.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family