“Plesantly surprised!”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Butler, PA
“Plesantly surprised!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Room was clean and bathroom spotless a little dated but good value for money. Breakfast was typical eggs, cereal, biscuits, donuts and waffles plenty to get you going. convenient to turnpike, stayed 1 night.

Would stay again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
maumeegm j, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our staff work hard to make our room spotless. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Galena, IL
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife, three daughters and I stayed here Friday, Aug. 10, on our way a wedding in Cleveland. The front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area, pointing me to a 24-hour Meier's down the road in the early morning hours.

Very clean, and we did not find issues with the pool that others did. Good breakfast, too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank your for recognizing a job well done by our staff.
Sherwood, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Oldest Comfort Inn we've stayed in. Really needs a refresh. You can get much nicer hotels for the money. Breakfast was good, but they are accepting tour buses so don't go down when the bus folks do. Very limited seating and not as nice an area as usual. Spouse said pool was great, warm enough. bottom line is I'd look for a Fairfield or such if we had to stop in the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
La Grange Park, IL
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The room was very clean and most comfortable. We enjoyed this motel and the swimming pool/ hot tub. Pool water was too cold. The breakfast was o.k. but nothing exceptional, limited choices, and the eating area was very small and crowded. We thought $80 was way too expensive for a motel in this area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We booked this hotel while traveling and stayed one night. I was having trouble getting a wi-fi connection so I called the hotel to make the reservation. They would not give me the same price as shown on their website. I was told I would have to book on-line. The hotel itself is in need of remodeling. The bedspreads, blankets and linens were all outdated and thinning. There was old dirt etched into the bottom of the bathtub. I do not think scrubbing would have removed it. I am sure this was a nice hotel 10 years ago.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were on our way to the East Coast and stayed here traveling both ways. The first night June 29th we arrived at 1:30 a.m. and were greeted warmly. We had a nice room King suite w/ jacuzzi. Large room and bathroom. Clean. The carpet was a little worn other than that it was in good condition. They offer a morning breakfast we didn't take advantage as we wanted to get back on the road. The second night we stayed was on our way back July 7th we arrived at 11:30 p.m. and were not warmly greeted. We were made to feel how dare we check in so late.
The next day when we arrived home there was a voice mail asking if we were coming that night and that persons voice had attittude too. I think it was the same person but not sure. Here's the funny thing, I made the reservation via the internet the morning of July 7th. My husband is a Diamond Member of choice hotels so we were especially surprised by this behavior. . I have never had a hotel act like we were suppose to be their at a certain time or at least earlier. We had driven 14 hours that day and we just went to our room and crashed. The front desk clerk repeated bck our reservation to me when I asked if our room had a jacuzzi. Instead of just answereing me with a yes or no. She was rude and told us she does things different than the other front desk people cause she only works on Saturday nights, I was mad but didn't feel like getting into it with her, The room was a king suite and it was again well kept, clean, and everything was in good order. I checked throughly for bed bugs and there were none.
I would recomment this hotel because of it's convienent location to the interstate and it was clean and well maintained. There's a TIm Hortons up the street, and other restaurants nearby as well as a pharmacy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mogadore, Ohio
Reviewed June 17, 2012

rooms were nice, breakfast was very good.however we stayed there with our baseball tteam. about 12 rooms total. we were there for a tournament. we were not sure if the last nite of our stay would be needed but our parents were all told different stories as to our rate if we checked out early.luckily we got it straightened out and were still given group rate for 2 days even though we had reservations for 3. the big issue we had was that 6-7 kids broke out in bad rashes and also at least 2 adults after swimming in the pool.when we talked to the person at the front desk she went down to the pool stuck her hand in the water smelled her fingers and said it was fine. told us it was because the kids had been outside playing in the field.they were playing in the field because their parents told them not to go back in the poolalso i don't usually complain but i could even keep my eyes open in the water without them burning.we tried talking to the manager henry but he acted liked he didn;t care. he also was afraid to aprroach people at the pool to tell them about drinking around the pool area. the had brought 3 coolers inside. then he wanted one of the mothers to go with him to tell them that they had a problem with that, they then when outside the pool area to drink and left the kids inside unattended. it was if he was afraid to do his job. it was clearly posted not drinking or coolers in the pool area.i have been in pools with tooo much chemicals but we have never had problems this bad before. i would never stay here again

Room Tip: stayed with a large group. seems like everyone was getting a different story about checking out and...