“StayBridge, Maumee Ohio”

Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This is by far the most accommodating hotel I have EVER stayed at. Staying here on business and the manager Alex, and his entire staff were very friendly as well as more than willing to accommodate me and my co-workers with anything we needed. The rooms are large, beds comfortable and the free breakfast and dinners are definitely a great bonus. If ever in Toledo area for business or pleasure this is definitely the best place to stay .

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank valpcv
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Wow! We appreciate your review. Our staff is focused on what it takes to help travelers be successful and maintain their routine while on the road. We are glad to be your home away from home whenever in Toledo. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've stayed here twice. Last was on New Years Eve. It's clean, comfortable and affordable. Breakfast is a big plus and warm cookies at check in! Reception staff was very friendly. Love that shops and resturants are only a short walk away. We'll be back I'm sure of it.

Room Tip: rooms at west side are closer to pool area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
LB646, Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thanks so much for coming back to our hotel! We love this place too! Our hotel is perfect for everything from a long business trip to a family outing! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This has to be the nicest hotel and the best value in a hotel where we have ever had the pleasure of staying. Large, clean comfortable rooms. Large breakfast area and even when it is busy we never feel rushed or crowded. The food is fresh and very good. The food they have during the evening during the week is very, very good too. We have stayed here several times and we go out of our way to stay here on our annual trip out east. It is also a pet friendly hotel. We will most definately go back.

Room Tip: The hotel is very hard to find as it is new (and so is the shopping center with which they share a p...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
LB646, Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback about our hotel. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently visited the hotel with a youth football team. The layout of the room was very spacious as well as the overall layout of the hotel. Very nice lobby and lounging area. The breakfast was just ok, good waffles, thats about it. The pool was nice and I wish I could have visited in the summer to enjoy the awesome patio area between the lobby and the pool. Very nice all concrete patio with a gas grill. The satf was friendly and tolerable considering the amount of <12 year old boys staying at the hotel. The night staff was nice and allowed us to congregate in the lobby in front of the fireplace and tv well into the night. Within walking distance of a very nice mall. Clean rooms, nice kitchenette. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the ground floor, very slow elevators!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LNW713

Thanks again for your business. We also appreciate your feedback on this site. We agree our hotel is perfect for a variety of travelers, whether you are planning a long-term trip for work, a weekend shopping trip or are just passing through town. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Had a great room, extremely clean, awesome breakfast in AM. Price of room was below other hotels that were not as nice or did not have free breakfast. Pool area small but nice, sat in hot tub, not overly chlorinated like most. Great place same company as Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank kns_rn

Thanks for your review. Our hotel and staff is focused on having the best value and service together. We are glad you are liked our salt water pool and jacuzzi. We hope you will enjoy our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed their recently for a friend’s wedding. Good location, friendly staff, and nice hotel.
The breakfast in the morning was good (much better than similar priced included breakfast hotels).
Lovely lobby and indoor pool. The room was good but faded bedding with lumpy pillows.
Room seemed very clean. There was a note asking for tripadvisor reviews and to enjoy the complimentary bottled water and snacks (though there was none)! Only two real problems. The toilet was very slow to flush when we first got there. I notified the front desk of the problem and they said they would take care of it while we were gone. At midnight when we returned, the problem had not been taken care of and when I called down again the new desk person knew nothing about it. Well 10 minutes later I was delivered a plunger so I could fix the problem. It did not take me long and they gave me $20 off the room, but I really just wanted them to take care of their own problem like they said they would and not have to call back at midnight.
The other problem was an unusual rule. After plunging the toilet we met old friends in the lobby breakfast area (very nice with a fireplace) and got reacquainted for some time. At 1 AM they asked us to leave because they close the lobby to clean it. Most hotels I have stayed at don't give you a hard time as long as you are reasonably respectful about noise of using the lobby and could clean around you but.....
Overall the Good did outweigh the bad so I would stay there again but would not say that I would not look around as well for other options

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank T S
LB646, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Hi. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We want each guest to be 100% satisfied with our hotel. That did not happen with your stay. Please know that we have reviewed your feedback with the entire staff. Our staff is now aware of several training topics, and how important it is to focus on making sure each of our guests receive what we promise, and can make use of all that our hotel has to offer.

In the interim, I would be pleased to offer you a full refund for your stay. I will try to track down your name and contact information, but you are also most welcome to call me, and I will take care of this charge. Thank you again for your feedback. I genuinely appreciate your time.

Regards,

Alex Lindamood

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I really want to like this place but it still has problems.  I had a terrible stay here in December 2011 that included dirty rooms and culminated in essentially being told that housekeeping was too busy to change my gritty sheets and I should do it myself.  Despite trying multiple times to speak with someone in charge while I was at the hotel and sending an email to several people, including the manager, after my stay no one has ever reached out to me to discuss my awful experience.

Fast forward to October 2012 and an unexpected trip to the area.  I decided to give the hotel another shot since I had heard they had a new manager.  Things had improved somewhat. The room we were given was cleaner than the one in December.  There was still dust in places but not as thick as before.  The bed sheets were clean.  I had some hope.  Then the morning after we checked in I went to make breakfast in the room.  I pulled out a cereal bowl.  It was dirty.  Dirty as in obviously used and put back in the cupboard.  I pulled out the other two bowls and they were in a similar  state.  Well, I thought, I will just improvise and eat out of a coffee cup.  I pulled that out and much to my disgust saw that it was also obviously used for coffee and put away dirty.

Later in our stay we came back to room and discovered it had been serviced but we were left with only one washcloth.  So we had to trudge to the lobby and get some more.  Sure, a minor inconveience but still annoying.

Is it really too much to ask that when you are assigned to and checked into a room all the ammenities you are paying for are clean and ready to use?  That when you receive housekeeping service you are given all of the towels and washcloths you might need--especially since they do not provide housekeeping services on the weekend unless you specifically request it? This place is not some inexpensive motel where you might expect a lower level of service.  We paid, on average, $100 a night and that included the weekend when service drops dramatically.

As I said I really want to like this place.  The concept of a small kitchen area appeals to me.  The property is adjacent to an outdoor shopping mall with nice resturants, shops, and a movie theater.  The location is personally convenient for me.  If management would just put in place some measures to ensure that each guest room is clean and properly serviced before and during guest stays, this could be an outstanding property.

I now face a real dilemma.  There will be a small family wedding right after Christmas.  Do I risk embarrassment by putting up out of town guests here and possibly having people unable to use the ammenities or do I make people drive farther?

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks again for your review of our hotel. I appreciate that you gave us a second chance after your unfortunate experience last December. I am glad that you can see we have made progress since your last stay. It is 100% acceptable that you would expect your room to be completely clean, which includes the amenities that were included. This is something of which we have reviewed with our staff.

I very highly value the opinion of each of our guests. I hope this does not seem too bold, but may I ask you to give us one more try? This time would be with our compliments. With the information provided, I will try to find your contact information, but you are welcome to call me. I will make you a new reservation.

Kind Regards,

Alex Lindamood

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
3 mi away
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg
Radisson at The University of Toledo

Been to Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee? Share your experiences!