“Spacious rooms work well for families”

Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Houston, Texas
“Spacious rooms work well for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly front desk staff; clean and updated rooms; hot, free breakfast to start your day. 1 bedroom King suite gives extra room to accommodate Tweens in the living room w their own TV. Note that no rollaways are available but they will gladly provide extra bedding if the full size sleeper sofa isn't large enough for two kids.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Shannon B
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Shannon B,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Maumee for your recent visit and sharing your experience with other travelers. We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's service and amenities! We hope we get the chance to accommodate your family again soon during your next trip to town!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Even though Residence Inns are branded as extended stay hotels, we stayed here for just a night. We didn't arrive until late (9 o'clock-ish) and were promptly checked-in by a nice woman at the front desk. The lobby of the hotel is really nice--high ceiling and plenty of space. We got a room on the third floor as requested, but upon entering, the thick smell of smoke hit me in the face. All Marriotts are smoke-free now, so it was a little bothersome to smell it. A quick trip downstairs and a funny conversation with the woman at the front desk later, we were in a new room which smelled much better.

The room is pretty standard for a Residence Inn--a king bed and a pull-out sofa. The TV swiveled between the sofa and bed depending on where one was watching it, but the picture on the TV was less than optimal. It stuttered quite often--it would cut to like 10 frames a second (bad) and then back to normal, which was pretty annoying when watching basketball. The bed and pull-out bed were both comfortable, so no complaints here.

Breakfast was standard--they had a nice array of yogurt, pastries, etc. The parfait I had had raisins in it which was kind of weird, but to each his own. Overall, it's a nice Residence Inn with good staff and I'd stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear adscram14,

We really appreciate you sharing your experience with other travelers and for choosing our Residence Inn during your recent trip through the area! The staff were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and they were able to serve you well. I do want to apologize for the television issue as that is not a standard in our hotel and I will have maintenance looking into the issue. We do hope during your next visit Residence Inn is your number one choice to stay!

Avon, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Traveling with friends so we needed a two bedroom option. This hotel was a good stay over. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within an easy drive.

Good breakfast offering.

Hotel was very clean and quiet.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank chimera22
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear chimera22,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee for your recent stay and for sharing your experience with other travelers! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the accommodations. Next time your visiting the area we hope Residence Inn is your number one choice for accommodations!

Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Another great stay at this Residence Inn. Seems to be the family favorite when traveling through this area. Have stayed here multiple times and have been very satisfied every stay. Rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable although both are showing their age (first started staying 2011). Nothing extreme, just that you can see the wear and tear in the furniture. Staff were "average" friendly. Was a bit annoyed with lack of answering the phone (pre-arrival and day if departure). The front desk may have been busy both times. My family always appreciate the spacious rooms, free internet, and breakfasts. Will continue to stay here when in the area.

Stayed June 2014
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear kokodoc,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our Residence Inn and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers. I do want to apologize for the poor over the phone service you received both before and during your stay, this is not something we accept at our hotel and it has been discussed with staff. I also wanted to let you know that our hotel will be going through a renovation at the end of this year where we will be replacing all of the furniture in the hotel. We do hope you get a chance to come back and visit to see it when it's complete. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

Due to work commitments for Toledo, I had a 3 week stay at this hotel. Although my work was in Toledo, it was completely worth the 15 minute drive in. The hotel itself is conveniently located off the 495 freeway in a nice area located with other hotels such as the Hilton Homewood Suites. There are plenty of great restaurants located nearby, and some within walking distance. The property presented as clean on the outside, and very well maintained. Service at the front desk was friendly my entire stay. I had a studio suite which was spacious and very nice. The bed was super comfortable and large. There is a kitchen with a full sized refrigerator, microwave, burners, dishwasher, and dishes/utensils, etc.
My only complaint is that daily housekeeping was inconsistent. I noticed that the room was vacuumed sporadically and my vanity and tub area was not always cleaned completely. I did mention this to the front desk, and for a couple of days it was improved. I also had a hair dryer that started smoking, and left a note for housekeeping with a request for a new one. I forgot about it until the next morning when I went to dry my hair and saw it was not replaced. I did call housekeeping, and they brought a replacement that morning.
The breakfast was nice; typically eggs, potatoes, fruit, yoghurt, outmeal, waffles, etc. Occasionally they would have breakfast burritos or sausage breakfast sandwich. Evening reception was ok; lite meals/snacks. They do not have a liquor license, so no free beer/wine as other Residence Inns and hotels in the area provide. They do have beer and wine for purchase in the market.
I did use the exercise room, and although it was small, it was well maintained. I used the indoor pool and jacuzzi, although every day it was there it was filled with families and loud children. :) As a business traveler, there were a couple of nights I would have preferred more quiet, but as a mom, I can see where this hotel would be good for families.
The price was very reasonable. My previous hotel in Toledo was more, and fell far, far, far short of the Residence Inn in Maumee.
Overall a very nice experience with friendly staff and good accommodations. If I'm in the area again, I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Colleen F
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Colleen F,

Thank you very much for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee for your home away from home during your business trip. We really enjoyed having you stay with us and hope your travels bring you back sometime soon. I do want to apologize for your inconsistent housekeeping service as this is not up to the standards we aim to provide at our hotel. The issues have been discussed with the department to ensure no other guests have the same experience. We are delighted to hear that your overall experience was great and thank you for taking the time out to share it with other travelers. See you next time!

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

4 star only because when I first checked in the clerk gave me a first floor room and I said I would prefer something up. She gave me a very stern look and never said a thing after that. I wasn't sure she was being rude or just trying to get me away from the desk. Barring that, very clean hotel; quiet location close to many dinner choices. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fernsandflowers
Dear fernsandflowers,

Thank you for taking the time out to submit a review of our hotel and for choosing Residence Inn for your trip to the Toledo area. We are happy to hear your experience was overall a great one as we want to give all travelers the best experience! I am saddened to hear your check-in experience was not great and I do want to apologize for that. We hope to see you back soon when you are back in the area and thank you again!

Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

A a dedicated Residence Inn guest, we have decided that this property is the overall best Residence Inn we have chosen so far!
( We have stayed in nearly 20 Residence Inns in the past twelve months.)
Things like well fitting curtains to block light, liquid dish soap available, and adequate utensils DO matter! Although this property is also one of the type that only offers a two burner cooktop with its otherwise full appliance kitchen, (No oven is not a great idea, Marriott!), with the immediate proximity of several acceptable restaurants, and a large Kroger just a short distance away, it was so easy to plan meals. The cleanliness was excellent throughout our studio suite,(we do prefer two bedroom, but any room is spacious enough) and small maintenance issues were speedily taken care of. Checkin was at laser speed, and my room location was exactly where I requested. Maid service, and all interactions with the staff was professional, and friendly. The grounds were spacious, and enjoyable for us to stroll, and acres of business type property (closed for the weekend) adjoining made this place perfect to walk our dogs. The pet fee is less than many Residence Inns, but I do wish that Elite card guests got a break on such a fee. It certainly adds up over time. We actually would choose to base ourselves at this property even with a bit of a drive to our dog shows in the general area in the future. The noise issue is identical in all Residence Inns; you can hear above you, and in the hall and stairs, but this can be contained if management is alert, and guests considerate This one was quiet at night when it mattered most.. Well done, Residence Inn Maumee!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Dogshowtraveler,

Thank you so much for choosing Residence Inn Maumee as your home away from home. The hotel staff were so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for leaving such a great review of the hotel. Hopefully your travels bring you back to the area again soon so we get the pleasure of having you back as a guest!