“Just your run of the mill”

Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
“Just your run of the mill”
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

This seemed to be your average Residence Inn. The staff seemed nice enough and the room was ok. My only complaints are that the elevator smelled like burnt rubber, the floor plan is confusing so you get lost easy, and it is off the highway a little bit so it takes a little driving to get to.

• Stayed May 2013
arife7687, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Bluemountainmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Toledo/Maumee area! I am sorry to hear that your stay was just an average stay, we want guests to experience nothing but the best during their stay here. We appreciate the comments regarding improvements our hotel can make and we will surely look into them! We hope your travels bring you back to the area soon and you give our hotel a second chance to give you the best experience!

Allyson Rife

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I chose the Residence Inn for it's pet-friendly policy and its proximity to the dog event I attended.
The room was lovely and clean.... a home away from home with the kitchen and supplies- I even brought my Italian coffeemaker. :-)
The Staff greeted me by name and made me feel very welcome. They easily changed my reservation to a higher floor when asked. There was plenty of lawn to run with the dogs and the all-important trash receptacles outside.
Even though the hotel was totally full of adults and children for the weekend (wedding or graduation?), it was not noisy outside or in the hallways.
The bed was a bit soft but small price to pay for the rest of the comforts of home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Renee B
arife7687, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Renee B,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn and Maumee and writing such a lovely review of the hotel! Thank you for also bringing the bed issue to our attention, so that we may address that right away! We want our accommodations to always be top notch and it is our traveler reviews that help us to do that. Both you and your dogs were a delight to have at the hotel and we do hope your travels brings you back again.

Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am a Marriott Rewards member and always stay at a Marriott. The Residence Inn in Maumee was great. The staff was extremely friendly and the hotel must have been renovated recently. Or the hotel is brand new. The kitchens are. Modern and tasteful. The meals (breakfast & dinner during the week) are complimentary and very good. The only criticism I have is that the elevators are slow and the parking lot fills up. They had convenient parking across the drive in front of the hotel which did have to be utilized during my stay. I am not sure if the hotel was booked at capacity. It seemed pretty busy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Beth P,

We appreciate you taking the time out to give our hotel such a rave review and thank you for staying with us! We strive to be the best accommodations in the area and with traveler suggestions like yours it helps us to continue growing and improving our hotel, so thank you for bringing the elevator and parking lot issues to our attention! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to see you back soon!

Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Two friends and I shared a one bedroom suite. The king bed was comfortable and the person who slept on the sofa bed said that is was fine. We were impressed with the full kitchen complete with dishwasher and all agreed that we could stay there for an extended period of time. The hotel is tucked in away from busy Dussel Road so it was quiet. Close to interstate highways and the Ohio turnpike. We enjoyed the fire pit in the evening and the hot breakfast in the morning. Front desk personnel were friendly and accommodating. Some of the furniture in our room was beginning to wear so I cannot give an excellent rating but I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear OhioTravelNut,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We are very happy to hear that your accommodations suited you and your friends so well. We are aware of some of the chairs starting to show wear and are addressing that issue; we definately want all of our rooms to show the highest level of quality. We hope to see you and your friends back for a visit soon!

Toledo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Over the phone and in person the Front desk agent was very unfriendly. I was attempting to book a corporate rate for aprox. a year's stay and he was too busy to help me and pushed me off to the sales manager. In person, while attempting to check the same front desk agent was very unfriendly and rude. I contacted the hotel manager about this and some charges that were not correct ( for dates I never stayed there at) and she did not address my concerns about either. The hotel manager did credit me back with charges that were not correct however her demeanor was one of complete apathy! Not a good attitude for an Inn keeper to have!
The hotel billed my credit card for a week's stay on 3 different occasions, 3 months after my attempt to stay there the first time. This required time and effort to reverse the charges by contacting the hotel manager and my bank. The hotel manager could not explain these charges, why they were placed and did not seem concerned about it at all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kate C
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the staff is genuinely concerned about your comments and your stay. This was my first stay at a Residence Inn.
Reason for stay was a girls weekend. We had a 2 bedroom suite which was very nice and lots of room. If we had any concerns the staff was on it immediately,
The breakfast buffet was exceptional and very good. The staff at the breakfast buffet were very friendly and nice. The pool, hot tub and workout room was very nice also.
I will definitely consider Residence Inn for further trips.

Room Tip: If you have any concerns, don't hesitate to ask the staff for assistance.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
arife7687, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Debo528,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Maumee for your stay and for the great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your two bedroom suite accommodations. We strive to make sure any guest requests are given first priority and are taken care of immediately! We hope to see you and your group again soon!

Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed April 13, 2013

A nice Residence Inn. Very clean, friendly staff. Our two bedroom suite was great except the beds were so uncomfortable. I mentioned this at checkout and they seemed genuinely interested in my concern, asking questions to clarify my comment. But typically Marriott's Residence Inns are very good places to stay. Nice linens and thick towels. The suites with kitchens are well appointed. They seem to have thought of everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kenmar84,

We appreciate you taking the time out to submit a review of our hotel! I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the bed in your room as we do try our best to make sure all beds are up to standard and give our guests a great night's sleep. We take comments like these very seriously here and do take action on them, so thank you for sharing it with us so we can ensure no other guests has an experience like that in their room. I am glad to hear the other aspects of your stay were good! We do hope to see you back again!