Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
$63
$83
Country Inn
Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee(Maumee)(Great Value!)
$51
$114
$105
$107
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfire pitfull kitchentwo bedroom suiteliving areabeautiful roomnewer propertylaundry facilitiesupdated roomsa pet friendly hotelexcellent hotelextended staywater pressurefree breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againindoor poolstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have gone to a lot of top-rated TA hotels, and in about 50% of the cases I get burned. That was the case on a recent trip, as I went to two number one rated hotels in different cities. The one was really excellent, and one was really mediocre. Unfortunately, this was the mediocre one. To be honest, I can't understand all of the gushing comments about the place, other than the fact that the rooms are very beautiful to look at, and the place seems clean.

On the negative side, these were among the things I encountered:

1. Noise all night from the air conditioning units on top of the lobby. The person at the desk knew right away what the problem was when I called down in the morning and mentioned the noise. Unfortunately, all of the rooms out the front face the units. What really ticks me off about this is that I specifically asked for a quiet room when making the reservation, and they still put me in a noisy room.

2. A sagging mattress that should have been replaced months ago. This was a king bed, and apparently people were sleeping in the middle, so it sagged from the edge to the middle. This was the worst hotel mattress I think I have encountered in a couple of years. Also, my side of the bed was very close to the window/wall, so I didn't have a whole lot of room to get around to the bed.

3. Vibration in the floors in the morning. My wife was very concerend about it, so I called downstairs and asked them what was going on. They said it was likely the laundry facilities, which were at least two floors below me. Amazing that a place could be so poorly built that just running some laundry machines could make the whole place vibrate.

4. No luggage racks in the room.

5. Breakfast was mediocre, and they ran out of biscuits right when I got to them. They only have one waffle maker, which is a joke in a huge hotel. Also, despite the fact that they have lots of eating space, the actual serving space is somewhat small and it seemed like people were always running into each other when getting food.

It should be noted that none of this came cheap either. The room was going for close to $150 per night under the AAA rate, which was more than other nearly hotels, but I opted for it because of its undeserved TA number one ranking.

One positive note amid the gloom is that the person working the desk when we arrived (I think her name was Stephanie) was very friendly, and printed out directions for us to help us find our way to the zoo.

I have to say that on any future visits to the Toledo area, I will be staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room out the back, or don't even think of staying there. The back faces a sparsely occupied business park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GoPenguins
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at the Residence Inn for 12 nights in June. Loved the hotel, the property is well maintained, staff is friendly and the rooms are spacious and nicely furnished. I have already booked another visit in October.

I was completely happy with my stay until I got home and discovered I had left a very nice candle and candle holder I received as a gift on the end table. I called as soon as I unpacked the next day and housekeeping told me they checked and didn't find it. I know it was there because as I was taking my luggage to the car I noticed it sitting on the end table and realized I hadn't packed it.

When I went back to the room I discovered I had left my room key in the car and ran down to get it, became flustered because I was running late for the airport and forgot it again when I got back into the room to take the remaining luggage.

The night before I left my family came to visit and we had a party of sorts. At one AM we went downstairs and got a large trash bag from the front desk so we could clean up. All the trash was in a bag and the room was perfectly clean other than dishes in the dishwasher and the trash bag. The housekeeping woman I spoke with about my missing candle made a remark that the room was full of trash and probably we didn't notice we had thrown the candle away! I felt very insulted by that.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ConnieJR48
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice Residence Inn - halls are cool and don't smell musty like some hotels.
The breakfast has a good variety, hot and cold food.
Complete kitchen (microwave, big fridge, 2 burners, dishes, dishwasher), table for 2, work desk, couch, comfortable chair, king room.
Pool was nice sized, didn't get in it or whirlpool. Sat. night they had a cookout, which I was not expecting - usually only meals Mon-Fri I thought.
There are several restaurants close by.
I would come back here anytime.

1  Thank OneKentuckyFamily
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Hotel was very clean and quiet even though it was sold out. The food at the manager's reception was fair, but who can turn down a "free" meal. Breakfast was good too with lots of fully stocked options. Many other restaurants in the area should you choose. No complaints at all for this stay. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and light supper. Hopefully you can join us for one of our Wednesday night BBQ's this summer at the fire pit!

We hope to see you again soon!
Warm wishes,
Team Residence Inn Maumee

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn in early July with our two kids. The hotel itself is fantastic. Great location. Rooms were well appointed and very clean. The studio room is very big and easily slept the four of us. The kitchen was excellent. The kids slept on the pull out couch which was just okay, even for a pull-out. Breakfast was good. There were both hot and cold options and the coffee was excellent. The breakfast area is small and can be very crowded. The only issue we had were the common areas, especially the pool area. On two of the three evenings we stayed at the hotel, the pool area and outdoor courtyard were unusable. Large groups of kids, likely teams and large families, had taken over these areas and made them unsafe. Besides the constant screaming and yelling, kids were throwing other kids in the pool, throwing objects, and racing around the pool deck. The parents sat by and drank and watched. Hotel staff didn't seem to care. You may want to check if large groups are staying here prior to booking. Otherwise it is a really nice hotel.

2  Thank TravelDad26

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I appreciate your detailed review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our property, location, suites and breakfast. Our coffee is a special blend made just for Residence Inn. On your next visit let us know and we'll be happy to send some home with you.
I appreciate your comments regarding the busy public space areas. It is a delicate balance for us on the weekends to allow all of our guests to enjoy themselves while enforcing policies we have in place for the comfort of all of our guests. I'm sorry we were not able to control this to your satisfaction. We will continue to strive to improve on this balance.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Warm wishes,