“Great comfortable stay after long drive!”

Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Menasha, Wisconsin
“Great comfortable stay after long drive!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We were returning to Wisconsin from a trip to the Outer Banks and had driven 12 hours with 3 kids. Upon arriving at the Courtyard in Maumee we were warmly greeted by Gwen and quickly checked in. The kids were excited to see the pool, the pool area was complete with comfortable chairs and plenty of towels. The room was very large and had very comfortable mattresses, soft sheets and fluffy pillows. After an hour in the pool we all went to bed for a very pleasant night sleep. After a cup of Starbucks coffee we were checked out given a friendly good bye and hit the road for home. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or through the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Deacon Donald S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I just stayed at this hotel this past weekend. I was in OH for a family reunion and a wedding. The location of this hotel was convenient as one of the events I attended was at Jed's, which was not too far. There were also other options for food which were not far. For example, we ate at Panera Bread for a quick breakfast on Sunday. The hotel had a comfortable mattress, and the room was either new or had been recently upgraded. (I am not sure of the age of this hotel.) The pillows were really soft, almost too soft. The washcloths and towels were just okay, seemed a little thin and worn. The pull out sofa was really cute, as I have not seen one that shape before. It would have been perfect for our seven year old, if she had stayed with us. I liked that the room had a nice desk and a refrigerator. The bathroom was okay, but seemed a little dated. The sink was separate from the shower and toilet, which was nice and convenient. The room was overall nicely decorated and appeared new. Our only complaint is that we found a speck of what appeared to be blood on one of the pillows. My husband did not notice it until the morning. There were several pillows on the bed, so he is not sure if it is the one he actually slept on or not. I was grossed out by this, especially since we had our 8 month old sleeping in the bed with us. We did complain, and they offered us a free night. We are silver elite members, so I guess that was one of the perks for our mishap. Besides that, which was kind of a big thing, the stay was fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Parma
Reviewed June 11, 2014

While the rooms were clean and looked to be recently remodeled, it still was a pretty disappointing stay just because of several little things that added up. First off, got there to check in at 3:30 only to find out my room wasn't ready. I was told to go shopping and check back in a half hour. Once settled in the room got ready to watch the NBA playoffs only to find out that although my TV in the room was supposed to have that channel, it kept freezing and saying "no signal". The amazing thing was that it worked fine in the lobby. There were about 25 people down there watching the game, most likely because it wouldn't work in their room. The front desk was not very helpful when I complained about it other than saying sometimes it works in the lobby and not the rooms. Other channels such as ABC and NBC were doing the exact same thing. I think they need to upgrade their satellite or cable, whatever they use. I also found a small nail sticking out of the carpeting near the bathroom. Thankfully none of us stepped on that. Our room happened to be right next to the ice machine and the elevator. Talk about a double whammy when it comes to noise. I have no idea why you would put a noisy ice machine in the middle of a hallway, but that woke me up several times during the night. Our soccer team was provided a free continental breakfast and honestly it was awful and nothing like what we are used to receiving during other hotel stays throughout our season. Management did respond to my concerns upon completion of a satisfaction survey which I appreciated, but I doubt I would ever stay there again. One positive note besides the cleanliness was the comfortable bed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Hello,

I’d like to thank you for taking the time to review our property, since guest feedback provides us with an opportunity to recognize areas we need to improve on. It’s great to hear that you found your room clean, and that you enjoyed our recent update. We are just finishing the last few rooms in our renovation now, and we’re very excited about the new look. When teams stay with us, we generally try to assign everyone with the team to rooms in one area. When you arrived at 3:30 and the room assigned to you wasn’t clean yet, our front desk staff could have given you other options, like a prompt check-in in exchange for not being close to the rest of the team. I apologize if you felt our staff wasn’t responsive enough to the problems with your check-in, room, and the cable. Resolving a guest’s problem should always be made a priority, and unfortunately, it sounds like we failed to do that. We will definitely use your review as a training opportunity with our staff, to provide better service moving forward. We never want to hear a stay described as “average at best,” we aim to make each visit with us exceptional. I hope that if you find yourself in the area again, you’ll give our hotel the opportunity to give you that exceptional experience.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Noisy and poor management. I stayed two nights (for my daughter's college graduation) - May 9-11th. The first night I had to listen to the guy in the room next to me as he snored through the night. Thin walls. But Saturday night was the most troubling...a wedding party was allowed to celebrate until well after 1AM in the hotel lobby...I'm fine with that except that my room was 5 doors down from the lobby...it sounded like the party was in my bathroom. I asked to be moved...the hotel moved me to the third floor - but with a room key that did not work. And insufficient staff to come let me in...so I had to go back to the lobby a second time to get a key that worked...all at 1:45AM. And to make matters worse, I just found that the hotel billed me both nights, even though I had already paid for the rooms through Expedia. It took TWO phone calls to the manager to get this straightened out. The manager's response..."let me know if you ever plan to stay here again and I'll make sure we register you correctly" Really? I traveled from California...not likely I'll stay there again (actually 100% likely I will not).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Good Afternoon Mr. C.

I am sorry your stay with us wasn’t pleasant and that you were not satisfied with the solutions we tried to provide you with. The charges on your credit card were reversed and we have worked with our staff to ensure the inconveniences you faced will not be repeated for future guests. Please feel free to contact me directly to see how we can further resolve the issue. We aim to please our guests and will work hard to make sure our guests feel comfortable. I understand you are in California and are not likely to travel to the Maumee area but if you find yourself in town again we hope you will reconsider and stay with us.
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Nothing exciting. A little more modern then some.Good restaurants close by.no shopping or nightlife anywhere to be found.it has a very small bar and small deli.I will probably stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the hotel. We are very excited about the newly renovated rooms and the new modern feel that they bring to the hotel. We are fortunate to have access to many restaurants and there are shopping options within a five minute drive. Our staff would be happy to print directions and give recommendations, should you choose to stay at the Maumee Courtyard in the future.
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I frequently stay at this Courtyard when I am in Toledo on business. I am very pleased that the rooms have been updated. I love the new desk/chair workstation. Also, the lighting over the sink and vanity has improved greatly. The overall decor is welcoming and comfortable. Two thumbs up.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Tracey C
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for the positive review of the Maumee Courtyard. We are so excited to have all new rooms to offer our guests in the brand new Courtyard Next Gen package. We hope to see you again next time you are in Maumee.
Sylvania, Ohio
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Pleasant quick stay for business purposes setting up for a photo shoot in our Toledo Metroparks. Everyone that we encountered during our stay was extremely friendly and helpful. We really like the new layout for Courtyard lobbies has a very cozy contemporary feeling that makes for a perfect environment to either relax, socialize, or get some work done in a pinch. I truly wish more Courtyard properties were like this one so close to home.

Room Tip: Third floor was extremely quiet I did notice the ice machine was somewhat loud fortunately we were f...