“Clean and I slept like a baby.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead

Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Clean and I slept like a baby.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I will pay for comfort. The rooms were clean and the atmosphere was nice. Although breakfast was not included it was worth the expense. Housekeeping was extremely nice and the beds were SUPER comfortable. Having the small refrigerator on the floor was a bit of an eyesore but it was ok. I would definitely stay there again. :)

Room Tip: We stayed in room #211, it's very close to the elevator! :)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank YBeamon
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Maumee Courtyard. It is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations and we appreciate you taking the time to express such kind words. On behalf of myself and the staff at the Maumee Courtyard we hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Peterborough, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Clean and comfortable but I have stayed in nicer hotels for far less money.

Room was clean enough and big enough and the bed was comfortable but at $150.00 per night I did not feel it was good value for the money. Room furniture was dated and on the desk chair, the fabric was worn right through to the batting and the arm rest was broken. There was no breakfast offered at all and no coffee in lobby unless you wanted to pay extra for it. They did have coffee in the room but I am not a fan of hotel room coffee with chemical whitener - tastes terrible to me. I feel that this hotel experience should have been much better for the price.

There are several area hotels that are just as nice and clean (some nicer and cleaner) for far less $ but a Nascar event, a girls' volleyball tournament, a tractor pull competition and a quilt distributor's open house were all in the area at the time so the hotels in the area were all full.

We only stayed 1 night and we were unfortunate enough to have a wedding group in our area. Our friends were awakened at 11:30 PM with loud voices and doors slamming etc. Stopped after a while and then started again at 6:30 AM. I know it is not the hotel's fault but nevertheless it makes the stay far less enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ontario88
I truly apologize on behalf of myself and the staff for not meeting your expectations. I take a personal interest in making sure all our guests are satisfied. I am pleased to announce that the hotel will have a room renovation starting in November. The hotel will receive the brand new Courtyard room design to enhance the guest experience. The renovation will be complete by February. If your travels take you to Maumee again perhaps you will stay with us again so we can provide you with the accommodations you deserve.
Portland, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a king bedded room on the first floor facing the Outback Steakhouse. One might not think this was ideal but it was quiet, we just had to close our drapes all the time for privacy. We were close to the side entrance which made it easy to get in and out with luggage.

The room was small as most Courtyard rooms are with a large bed, large desk, love seat and flat screen TV. We also had a mini fridge. The mattress was softer than we like but the bedding is white which I like very much. Plenty of good pillows.

The bathroom is small but the sink is outside so what does it matter really?

The pool and hot tub were nice and uncrowded.

The location is great we walked to dinner which is always a treat after a day of driving.

I noticed no smoky smell and I am particularly sensitive to it.

I would definitely stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone coming this way.

Room Tip: If you want a balcony, mention it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Roxanne C, Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Maumee Courtyard. We strive to be consistant with our Courtyard brand and to ,ake sure every guest leaves satisfied. I apologiz for the smoke odor. We hope you will stop in next time you travel to the Toledo/Maumee area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here on our way to Cedar Pointe, the hotel was easily accessible and plenty of stores and restaurants near by. The hotel itself was clean, and great service. Dan at the front desk checked is in and out he was great! The furniture in the rooms were a bit outdated and the pool chlorine was pretty bad, we were in the pool for only 15min and our eyes were burning. Definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Roxanne C, General Manager at Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Rooms are dark and dank, with a persistent smell of smoke throughout much of the building. Staff had a difficult time managing the lobby "bistro/coffee bar" and seemed frustrated when any order was given.

The hotel is clean with decent linens, but the rooms (especially bathrooms) are very outdated and the smokey smell and darkness was not pleasant.

Room Tip: Building is only 3 floors high. Rooms either face a shopping center or an Outback steakhouse. Pool...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank K_Lady_NY
I truly apologize on behalf of myself and the staff for not meeting your expectations. I take a personal interest in making sure all our guests are satisfied with their accommodations. The hotel was challenged in July with the extreme temperatures and the air conditioning units. Since then the hotel has gotten all new units and is begining a renovation of the rooms. I believe once the renovation is complete you will find the rooms to be much brighter & fresher. If your travels take you to Maumee again perhaps you will stay with us again so we can show you the hospitality you deserve.
Lakeland, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

loved the new look of the Mariott courtyard-lobby and the Bistro
would stay here again. Lots of resturants in the area. Close to the interstate. Workers were very friendly and informative.
rooms where very sound proof

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Maumee Courtyard and are very happy that we could be a positive part of it! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments which have been shared with the entire staff. Hopefully you will plan another trip with your family next summer to experience our newly renovated rooms.

Safe travels!
Fairborn, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel clerk was very nice, helpful etc. The room was disappointing though. Outside of toilet had either blood or feces on it. Tub had an orange color beside drain and I thought was rust, but ended up being something else!! Bed was fine Pool was okay and outside area was very nice especially the sitting area. I doubt I would stay here again though.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies which would have been nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback concerning your stay with us. I am pleased to find that the front desk was helpful, the bed and pool area inviting but I am also very dissapointed that there were issues in the room. We strive to have rooms competely clean but it seems that we have failed to do this for you and for this I sincerely apologize. I hope you will re-consider and try us again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee

Been to Courtyard Toledo Maumee/Arrowhead? Share your experiences!