“Excellent Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night using reward points for my room. Newer property. Staff was extremely friendly and courteous. Rooms are clean and well kept. Breakfast is also solid. Close to I-475 and US 24 which cuts off time over to Fort Wayne. Would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ktown_traveller04

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have stayed at many Marriott properties, and was forced here as the nearby Courtyard was overbooked. My future stays in the area will be at this property. The clean, comfortable, rooms and friendly staff, rival that of the nearby Courtyard at a cheaper rate. What value!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank don b
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We wanted a convenient stop off of 80 to break up our 10 hour drive from Jersey to South Bend, Indiana. This stop was about 7.5 hours into the trip, and perfectly placed. When you exit 80, initially it looks like light industry, self storage, which may raise concerns. This property is about a 8 minute drive off the exit and when you get to about the 5 minute mark the area opens to modern shops and convenient restaurants, bagel stores, gas stations, all in a fairly new area. It makes the property a perfectly priced pitstop for an overnight stay, simply to refresh and get back on the road for Notre Dame football..making the 2.5 hour drive in the morning, which seemed like two blocks compared to prior day. The property is welcoming. The front desk clerk was efficient as we were checked in VERY quickly. The dining area where a very nice buffet was offered in th morning was dark...because it was late at night. The room, every inch of it, was VERY clean including EVERY corner of the bathroom. I looked at it all. Kudos to the service staff. Beds were very comfortable, quasi pillow top feel, soft yet supportive. Plenty of pillows on both beds and what is most notable...didn't hear a peep from other rooms or hallways and the place was pretty full. In morning we woke up, went downstairs for quick bite to eat (really for lotsa of coffee) and the staff was so friendly. The area you eat was VERY clean well kept and modern. They were cleaning the pool for the day. We were automatically checked out, ate a few bites of waffle, scrambled egg, cereal and fruit available on the buffet. Filled up our coffee and got back on route 80 VERY easily. In fact, point worth mentioned, this property faces a fairly new Applebees and when we arrived, I was so tempted to simply walk across the lot to have a few relaxing drinks at that bar before bed, to decompress from the drive, but wife wasn't up for it. If you are, it is LITERALLY a stone's throw from the front door of this property. Perfect placement for eating and beverages, without having to drive, or walk more than 300 steps give or take. Overall we were looking for a clean, friendly convenenient place to stay and as I was filling up my tank across the street from this property this morning, prior to getting back on 80...I thought to myself..we found it!! Our son is only a freshman, so I have this property saved as a favorite on my GPS for my stop. It's funny, some say "for $100 I expected...". For the amount this room was I expected FAR less!! As you approach South Bend, a place like Motel 6 costs $300 on foootball weekends. This place was fantastic for so little money in comparison (not even comparing to a Motel 6..that was an exageration..this property is MUCH nicer, economy rate). I've stayed a Ritz Carlton properties with Marriotts, for that price you expect far more. For what Fairfield offers on the nightly rate, I am VERY happy. If we drove a few more hours and stayed in South Bend on Friday, just to sleep, we would of paid $200 more, so point is, happy about savings!!!!!! It served it's purpose, we were rested, fed and refreshed and on our way with minimal interruption. Property is well managed. "We'll be back!!!" Thanks to all who work there..jobs well done.

Room Tip: Easily located off of Route 80. Nice area once you get off exit. Applebees literally a stone's...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jabooty
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Positives - Room was clean and well decorated, good location off the expressway, although road noise was present. Many places to eat in the immediate area. TV was modern and had almost 100 channels to choose from.

Negatives - only one chair in the room, and was cheap, uncomfortable and undersized. Worse, the bed was not at all comfortable. Mattress was cheap and sagged in the middle. Pillows were small and undersized. The "blanket" on the bed was very cheap and thin, more like another sheet. We were cold throughout the night and couldn't sleep well. We ended up putting additional clothes on and sleeping in them to get somewhat comfortable.

Given this hotel was over $100 a night, I expected better quality, a better bed with decent pillows and blanket(s), and a chair one could sit in without feeling like it's a bleacher seat. Also, there is no fridge or microwave in the room, and for the price I would expect one.

Disappointing stay, we will look elsewhere when back in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room as far away from the road noise as possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear 9999Tr_Av_El_Er,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed a clean room with a modern TV, and our convenient location. I'm so sorry to hear that the rest of your stay was not to your liking. Please accept my apologies. I wish you would have mentioned something to my front desk. We would have gladly brought you extra pillows and blankets. Please keep that in mind if you find yourself in our area again, and I hope you allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Peggy G.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stay at 60 plus Marriott Properties a year and Fairfield is not my top choice in the line up; this stay could change my mind. Very nice rooms with great color feel in the room. This was also well located in an area that made access to our meetings, restaurants and hwy easy. Free breakfast with the standard fare; excellent fresh coffee.

As a business traveler I don't want to hassle with a bad night in a hotel. This was a very supportive property to meet our business experience objectives.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelswithjh
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel is clean, bright and cheerful. Service at front desk was most helpful and gracious. Rooms are clean, and beds are comfortable. Breakfast was fine. My only objection is that comforters are too lightweigh. Weather was in teh 40's,and we had to put an extra comforter on pur bef to keep warm.
Location is great, close to many restaurants and shopping and a few minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

i arrived late at about midnight. desk clerk was limping and barely spoke english. lobby was dark and run down, with low celings. it reminded me of a tunnel. room was meh, a little run down and dark, matress was uncomertable. breakfast was sub-par. i'd say there must be better in maumee, but, judjing by what little we saw of the town, i wouldn't be too sure...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Steakchef_11,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo/Maumee. Please accept my apologies that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. Guest satisfaction is very important to us. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the area.

Peggy G.