“Great stay!”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Aurora,Il
“Great stay!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great hotel with several good restaurants close by offering discounts with hotel room key. Awesome free breakfast. Breakfast attendant was amazing. Very helpful, friendly and offered directions as well. Hot tub was a little hot, but besides that, awesomeness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

As I had mentioned in another review, Fairfield Inn has stepped up its game. Thanks Marriott for placing the attention towards this properties (Springhill next PLEASE) and I'm loving it. This property has been well maintained and I found all well for the most part. Breakfast may be sausage and eggs as another reviewer proclaimed, but be very thankful as this is an upgrade from the past as it used to be microwave sandwiches in the past. Great fitness center and nice pool. Decent restaurants are near. Close enough tu jump onto the interstate, but far enough away that you don't hear traffic.

My only minor complaint is employees texting in plain view of their guests. I was in two different hotels and saw this in both.

Otherwise folks, I recommend this location and I will be back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Columbus
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was very centrally located to many restaurants and I was able to grab a bite late after work. The hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. I will definitely choose to stay here again when in town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed several days at this hotel. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful - and even provided a coupon for area restaurants for 10% off. Even better that warm cookies were waiting for me when I returned that evening

The breakfast was the standard breakfast - more selection would be great - the same eggs and sausage every day gets a little old. I opted for my standard yogurt and granola, and coffee. Would have loved to have an egg/cheese biscuit.

The ice machine was malfunctioning on one of the days but was fixed promptly.

The carpet was showing a bit of wear, but other than that, the room was fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ToledoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind words about our staff. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again in the future next time you find your self in the area.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fairfield is generally not my first choice when choosing mid-priced accommodations. I decided to stay at this location because of its proximity to the interstate and a good selection of restaurants. Also, I was concerned that my usual brand would fall short due to on-going renovations. I was quite happy about my decision. The hotel is modern, clean, and quite comfortable. Although the lobby area is small, the hallways relatively narrow, and the bathroom (in my queen room) a bit cramped, it is the staff that sets the hotel apart. I was particularly impressed by the breakfast attendant. Not only was she easy-going and affable, she was very efficient... quickly replenishing the food and clearing tables for the next guests. She greeted everyone like best friends, without overplay. The breakfast itself has the usual fare but is better quality than average... sausage patties not greasy or rubbery, the scrambled eggs moist and seemingly real! Overall, in spite of the aforementioned (and actually rather minor) issues about spaciousness, I'd stay there again without hesitation... great staff do make a difference!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hilliard
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have stayed at different hotels at this exit. This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. The pool was warm and the beds were very comfortable. They have a free continental breakfast with many selections. We will stay here again when visiting family. We know that they keep the hotel clean since they were cleaning the carpets while we were out for the day. They had put a sign on our door to watch out for dampness, but the carpets were dry by the time we returned and no overpowering smells.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank travel_when?
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I booked this for a quick overnight stay, thinking "it's just a night". I travel too much, and see a lot of properties. This is nice, clean, modern. Night front desk employee made me think that she was a old friend, yep, that nice, and on a Sunday night at the end of her shift.
If you're looking, put this a the top of your list.
It's on the top of mine. :)

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo