“Nice, clean, conveniently-located hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed November 29, 2010

I was very impressed with the quality and cleanliness of our room during our brief one-night stay. It was very clean and spacious. The closets were especially big. Water pressure in the shower was great. Both my husband and I found the bed to be rather uncomfortable, though. Also, noise was a bit of an issue, hearing people in the hallway and next door. Complimentary breakfast was included. We didn't partake, but it looked like a decent spread with a good variety of hot food (eggs, etc.) plus standard cereal, fruit, bagels, etc.

Location is very convenient, just off I-80. There are countless restaurants in the area, as well as other hotels. We previously stayed at a different hotel very nearby and this one was much, much nicer.

My chief complaint is the pet fee. It was a whopping $100 yet the room alone was only $80/night (booked on hotels.com). So, it costs more for my dog to stay at a hotel than it costs for me to stay? Seems a bit excessive.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2010

This is one of the most well maintained Homewood’s I have every stayed in! The staff is awesome! The rooms are very clean and a GREAT lay out! Their service was impeccable! I cannot say enough good things about them!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I have now stayed at the Homewood Suites twice. The staff are helpful and extremely courteous. The rooms/suites are a good size with excellent facilities - fridge/freezer/cooker/microwave/dishwasher. The breakfast and early evening supper are included and are good quality. I would recommend this hotel to business travellers (free internet, gym, swimming pool) as well as families.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2010

I was traveling to DC with my daughter to visit colleges from Chicago. This was out first stop. It was a wonderful hotel. We felt perfectly safe and it was close to a number of good restaurants. We ate at the Longhorn near the hotel. We plugged the location into our GPS and called the hotel. The woman was very helpful and everything about the room was perfect. Wireless is free and so is breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Loved this hotel. We had 10 people in two suites. We were amazed and would stay here again if we are in this area. Pool closed at 10 but staff let us stay in pool area until midnight. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2009

My family and I had to stay here for a month due to water damage that occured in our home. We also brought along our cat for the long stay. Not only were they accomodating, they were friendly, prompt, and they even brought gifts to my children bc they knew it must have been hard being away from our home for such a long time.
They were wonderful with our cat and knew us all by name which also let us know that they truely cared. My children loved swimming in the pool and I was able to use the workout room when I needed to:) They serve breakfast daily and dinner M-TH. The meals were good and if you chose not to eat the dinner there they had a full kitchen available to you so you can cook (full size fridge, stove, oven, dishwasher, plates, silverware and everything else you would need) or just order in.
I felt as though this was more like a little apartment rather than a hotel. The fireplace in the room gave it a nice "homey" touch. Whether you are staying for a night or a week this place was worth it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and needing more than one room. We had 2 bedrooms, a small living area with kitchen including a dinning room table. This could not have been a better set-up with 2 children under 5. We WILL stay at a Homewood Suite again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family